Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Not Place Order -CW Store

1. Unhappy Can Not Place Order -CW Store

I have tried for four days to order some spare bits, etc. from the CW Store. When I click on "Checkout" I get an error message "You are not allowed to continue the checkout procedure! Please apply to the store administrator for details."

I have ordered patterns in the past but this is a first attempt to order spare parts.

So far emails to CW have been unanswered. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    Alaskan Grizzly

Welcome to the best spot on the web.

Are you accepting Internet cookies for their site? To check to see if you are blocking them in Windows Internet explorer go to Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites scroll down to the site and see if it is being blocked if so highlight and click remove then close. Go to carvewrite site and when prompted to accept cookie enter yes.

If using Mac you will have to wait for a Mac user to help.

I didn't start getting that message from them till I started talking about the QC. Just a joke
    Last edited by PCW; 05-02-2009 at 06:46 PM.

3. Default

No, Cookies are not blocked. I tried adding the site with "allow" but that does not make any differance. I do not have this problem with any other web stores or carts, only CW.

Thanks for trying to assist.

Harry
    Alaskan Grizzly

Harry

Try disabling your firewall and anti virus software momentary while you see if that makes a difference. Could be a Security issue. But don't forget to enable it after the test.

5. Default

Tried the virus and firewall suggestion as far as I can. I am at a remote location and trying this through a network that I have little to no control of firewalls, virus protection, etc. I'll get back to my home in a few days and will try to order from there.

I have just lost a lot of time so I am rather frustrated. I have placed a lot of orders on the web from this remote location and had the products waiting for me when I get home. I do not believe the problem is on my end but again??

Thanks for trying to help. It is appreciated.

Harry

Harry

You may have to do it the good old fashion way with Ma Bell till you get to the home computer. At least parts will be there when you get back. Good Luck

Edit> Just in case you need the phone #
    1-800-573-1226
    press 2 for sales
    Last edited by PCW; 05-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.

7. Default

I'm wondering if being in Alaska is part of the problem. Have you ordered from LHR or the Carvewright website in the past? Maybe additional shipping costs may be involved.

8. Default

Being in Alaska is not the problem for this issue! I can put items in the shopping cart but that is it!!

Some do not yet realize that Alaska is part of the USA but we still get things shipped and mailed here every day. Getting an order placed is the problem.

Thanks to All for trying to be helplful.
    Alaskan Grizzly

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by twobears@acsalaska.net View Post
    Being in Alaska is not the problem for this issue! I can put items in the shopping cart but that is it!!

Some do not yet realize that Alaska is part of the USA but we still get things shipped and mailed here every day. Getting an order placed is the problem.

Thanks to All for trying to be helplful.
    We do realize Alaska is part of the USA and I for one would love to see it someday. It is on my bucket list.

I know the LHR uses UPS for there shipping. I would not think that their shopping cart doesn't have a calculator that covers all of the USA and Puerto Rico. If they would use Priority Mail that would cover all for the same price with air shipping versus ground shipping. That would even take care of our friends in Puerto Rico. Maybe they will someday.

10. Thumbs up

I finally got a response from CW Sales. According to that person, one can not use the web CW Store to place orders for anything that needs to be shipped, unless you reside in the "Lower 48." I was also informed that CW does not have a toll free number to place orders.

According to the message, if one resides any where outside the "Lower 48" states orders can only be placed via phone. If you try the web store, you will only get a rather rude error message.

Thanks to all of you that tried to assist.

Harry
    Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 05-06-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Update.
    Alaskan Grizzly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast