Thread: Lincoln Cent Coin Bank

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lincoln Cent Coin Bank

Hello,

Here is a project I finished a couple days ago. The coin dimensions are 10" diameter by 3" thick - the base itself is 1½" tall.

I gave mine away to a friend who has the uncanny knack for spotting pennys on the ground everywhere he goes! Thought he could use an appropriate receptacle for all those pennys. (He finds other coins too, but pennys are ones that most folks just walk by, so there's more of 'em left on the ground.) I told him that he currently owns the only wooden bank like this in the world right now - until other folks start making them too!

Some creative ways it could be used are in a children's church or Bible school for the kids offerings, or at a business or club for fundraising, donations, "fines" (think Rotary Club or Exchange Club), a "treasury" for collecting dues at Boy and Girl Scouts, woodworking clubs, etc. Commemorate a baby's birth, give as a birthday gift, wedding, anniversary (the date and wording is editable). You get the idea.

(The Lincoln Cent Bank is not a Project of the Month - CarveWright has made it available as an individual project at the CarveWright Project Store).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln_Bank_unfinished350x350_6.jpg   Lincoln_Bank_closeup350x350_2.jpg   Lincoln_Bank_350x350_4.jpg   Lincoln_Bank_BACK_350x350_5.jpg  

Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-29-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══