Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddha face

1. Default Buddha face

Here's what I made from the ptn given by jpluck here (http://forum.carvewright.com/showpos...33&postcount=6), with 1 coat of tung & teak oil. Couple more coat and it will be done. Dimensions are about 5" X 3.5". Still waiting for a better camera than my cell phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buddha face 02w.jpg  
    Last edited by Pratyeka; 08-08-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: deleted the pattern
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

2. Default

Would you please share this file with me? that is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by PacificBW View Post
    Would you please share this file with me? that is stunning.
    https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...7833#post87833
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

4. Default

If I'm reading this correctly, the file was taken down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PacificBW View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly, the file was taken down?

You need to contact John to get it..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I think you can find an STL of the Buddha online. If so, one of us here could make a pattern from it for you.

7. Default

I really appreciate the offer to help. That version John has of just the eyes in awesome. Ill do some hunting around

Just as an FYI and apologies if obvious. It more than likely was a full Buddha 3d model and a slice with the nose and eyes was taken from it. I don't believe you will find the eyes only version out on the web (could be wrong but I have not found it either). Having said that it is super easy to take a slice from a model with the stl importer or 3rd party software.

I showed my wife the pattern and she loved it so I am working on my own version. Not happy with it yet but this is what I have so far. I still have to work on the eyes some more and the nose needs more work. Plus overall depth of the pattern needs to be tweaked. Sculpting it in blender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW buddha face.png  

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Just as an FYI and apologies if obvious. It more than likely was a full Buddha 3d model and a slice with the nose and eyes was taken from it. I don't believe you will find the eyes only version out on the web (could be wrong but I have not found it either). Having said that it is super easy to take a slice from a model with the stl importer or 3rd party software.

I showed my wife the pattern and she loved it so I am working on my own version. Not happy with it yet but this is what I have so far. I still have to work on the eyes some more and the nose needs more work. Plus overall depth of the pattern needs to be tweaked. Sculpting it in blender.
    Thanks for the info, your version looks fantastic! You are doing a great job with the rendering.

You are under the same pressure that I am to produce a similar finished product.

i would like to see how your carve turns out!

Cheers,

Blake

Blake,

I refined my model a little bit more and made a pattern from it. If I spent a lot more time I could probably clean it up a bunch more but for now this is all I am going to do to it. It is going into my to do list which means I may carve it in a few months. My list keeps growing.

It is far from perfect and I have not carved it so don't know if there are any major issues with it. Visually there doesn't seem to be anything that stands out as horribly wrong.

If you or anyone carves it please post a picture and let us know how it went. It is on the small side. As pictured it is 5 inches across.

There are some wonderful models out there but the majority of the quality ones I found were for purchase. The few free goods ones I found did not port well. Reason I made my own model.

Regards,
    Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blender buddha eyes.png   CW buddha face.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast