Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 way through carve, please help

Default 1/2 way through carve, please help

I am half way through a 3 hour carve and I have had the 'Please close cover' come up and I cannot get CW to "see" that it is closed, I know that I will have to replace the sensor, but can anyone tell me how to finish this VERY important carve by "cheating" and having the CW continue to the end.

This is a large and important commission and the wood was expensive.

PLEASE someone help.

Thanks
    Colleen

Colleen,

Try vac/blowing out the door switch. Also check for door/switch alignment. I've had a few times when I got the msg. that I would reach inside the top slot in the cover with my fingers and push up on the switch.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen_and_Mike View Post
    I am half way through a 3 hour carve and I have had the 'Please close cover' come up and I cannot get CW to "see" that it is closed, I know that I will have to replace the sensor, but can anyone tell me how to finish this VERY important carve by "cheating" and having the CW continue to the end.

This is a large and important commission and the wood was expensive.

PLEASE someone help.

Thanks
    Colleen
    Colleen, I found using the cover as a stop button during a carve causes the switch to go out. Now I use the stop button and enter to begin.

Now for those who disagree cover your eyes! But I let the cover drop until it lets the switch work again. But yes check the switch wires and make sure the screws don't come loose.

Ike

I've had the same problem, but never changed the switches. Repeated closing, pushing both switches in simultaneously,with screw drivers and listen for a click. Grab behind the switches and lightly twist while watching the LCD screen.
    thanks so much!
    karl

When I had this problem, before I changed out the switch, I had to GENTLY tap the case, just above the switch, with the rubber handle of a screw driver while watching the display. When the close cover disappeared I would then press enter (or whatever the entry was) to continue the carving.

This is what worked for me and may not work for others.. Do NOT hit the machine hard enough to do damage..

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Electrical contact cleaner has worked for me. You can find it at Radio Shack, auto parts, or hardware stores. Spray a little into the switch plunger opening, then open and close the cover several times.

Default Had to bite it on this carve

No matter what I did I couldn't get the cover to "close", so I will have to take every thing apart tomorrow and do a 'fix', now to my next question where do I find how to take it apart to 'fix' my problem.

I know I have seen the pic's etc on here but for the life of me I can't find the info.

Thanks
    Colleen

If you can try removing the switch with out removing the project. Jump out the switch turn the power back on and start the carve over. Just make sure the power is off and disconnected before messing with the switch. Replace the switch after the project is completed.
    The differance between the Master and the Apprentice,
    Is the skill in covering up his mistakes

My lastest instrument. #50

http://woodworkerszone.com/igits/showthread.php?t=6896

I have instructions from CarveWright but they're too big to upload. Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send them to you. I agree, you can just jumer/short the switch to finish your project, but be careful.

Have you checked to see if the wire connection at the circuit board is tight?Every once in a while, mine becomes loose and gives the same message. Simple check-the switch wires go under the Ymotor to the board on the right of it.
    Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast