Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: movie poster fun

Default movie poster fun

I've been playing with the idea of doing some movie posters....started with an old favorite...Creature From the Black Lagoon.
    Need to tweak the original image to get some items to look right (like the creature's head)...but it's coming along.
    This one is about 13" x 20".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails creatureclose copy.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaffner View Post
    I've been playing with the idea of doing some movie posters....started with an old favorite...Creature From the Black Lagoon.
    Need to tweak the original image to get some items to look right (like the creature's head)...but it's coming along.
    This one is about 13" x 20".
    Pretty cool, what material is that?
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

The ever popular poplar.

4. Default

you should do jaws
    or
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails secretary%20POSTER.jpg  

I was going to do postage stamps if I ever got around to it. Has anyone done stamps?

That is really cool! Right up my alley. Have you done any other movie related items?
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

I'm working on a few now. I'm about 40 minutes into the second "version" of this Creature poster....I did a ton of work on the image to make certain I don't lose things like the creature's head...and the girl's hair...and making the images at the bottom actually look correct. I'll post a pic when it's done.

It's been a real learning experience to do a carve like this....I was able to go back to the original photo and see what caused what things to happen in the final product. If you want to learn a great deal about how a photo carves...blow it up to this size and carve it...invaluable.

On to Star Wars and Indiana Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaffner View Post
    I'm working on a few now. I'm about 40 minutes into the second "version" of this Creature poster....I did a ton of work on the image to make certain I don't lose things like the creature's head...and the girl's hair...and making the images at the bottom actually look correct. I'll post a pic when it's done.

It's been a real learning experience to do a carve like this....I was able to go back to the original photo and see what caused what things to happen in the final product. If you want to learn a great deal about how a photo carves...blow it up to this size and carve it...invaluable.

On to Star Wars and Indiana Jones!
    Cool deal, and I love Poplar...
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

9. Default Nice....

Doug, glad to see you are still around. That has to be one of the coolest things that I have seen in a while. Nicely done.

P.S. I haven't talked to you since the move, hope things are going well with you.

Hey Jason!
    The move was a little rough....and we spent all winter working on the house. I just got the shop set up about 3 weeks ago and feel like I've been playing catch up.
    I'll give you a call...
    Doug

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast