Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Question Here

Default Machine limitations?

I've had my awesome machine for about a month now. The postings here by all of the new and all of the experienced owners has been invaluable. Thanks to everyone for sharing! I have a couple of questions as a new guy with this machine.

1) What is the limitation to carve depth? I know the machine will accept a workpiece 5" thick, but how deep can I carve into it? And, what is the thickest piece that I can create a cutout through?

2) Does the color/darkness of wood affect the infrared sensor? I had a scrap piece that was painted brown. I wanted to see the effect of a pre-finished piece, that was then then routed. But, I kept getting the error "Clear Sensor". I cleaned the sensor several times, ran through the checks listed in the manual, and had no success. Then, I tried a piece that was not pre-finished, and the sensor worked fine. Was it the darkness of the piece or the paint that made the infrared sensor fail?

Thanks again everybody, and I hope to be an experienced contributor to the forum someday!

Question #1
    The depth of cut is 1" , that is if your bit can cut up to 1".
    The carving bit has a cutting area of 3/4", so If you have no feather on your carving it would be 3/4".with a feather, it's 1".

Question 2
    Yes the color does make a difference, put a piece of tape on it and procede.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default Thanks

Thank you Daniel, I appreciate your time to reply.

Marty

Default patterns

i am really new to this and not sure what i am duing. I made a patter and i am trying to get rid of the square boarder how do i do this.

thanks

greg

5. Unhappy error 246

hi,
    i have been having all sorts of troubles. First the sensor,then the 1 inch flat ribbon and last but not least the motor. I have replaced all of these then had to upload a new program to install all of the above, now i get a z axis stall error246 help!!!!!!

newton39 Guest

Default Roller errors

I keep getting a error for the back roller it said it was stuck I took it out and cleaned it and the area, and it is still doing it does anyone know what i can do to resolve this? Or why tis is happening.

haynesrm Guest

Angry Back roller stuck

back roller stuck, I have not been able to release the compression. I too have cleaned, no help. Does any one have an anwer?

This is NOT the area to post in if you are having problems with your machine. Please repost in troubleshooting section, more people will see it there too and you are likely to get some help.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

9. Default Looking to Purchase

I am interested in finding out if the CarveWright will reproduce Antique Furniture molding and small molding from old homes. They are always missing pieces from furniture. Is there anyone out there that has done this yet? Is it possible to place a 5" wide piece of walnut in and get 5 pieces of separate trim molding out?
    thanks

Hey refinisher
    Welcome , and yes you can reproduce moldings etc. But you will need the probe accessory in order to do that. 299.00 . As far as the molding side by side , if your talking about scanning one molding and then duplicating it , you can. It would depend on if your scanning or designing it yourself, and also you can design in other programs like Corel. I don't have a probe myself , but thats what it is for, and I a'm sure anyone that has one can help .
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast