Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Question Here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony View Post
    Can someone help me with this problem, I just did my first scan, made my sled to the specs they suggested in the little book that came with the probe, the scan took a long time, my scan area was 8.25 X15.25, I had it on best and it took 7 or 8 hours. Will it take that long to carve also? And now that I have the Info on the card how do I get it into the design software to work on it? page 16 in the scanning probe book (the last sentence) says "Open the carvewright design software and access the scan data by selecting the Download scan menu itemon the file menu" I did that and cant seem to find my project. thanks in advance
    This is something that should be asked in the Software forum.

It should be listed on the card as Scan1 or something similar.

As for the time, yes something that big will probably take that long or longer depending on the depth it is carved and the quality you set it to carve.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Default ken from Jax NC

[QUOTE=Michael Anthony;77047]Can someone help me with this problem, I just did my first scan, made my sled to the specs they suggested in the little book that came with the probe, the scan took a long time, my scan area was 8.25 X15.25, I had it on best and it took 7 or 8 hours. Will it take that long to carve also? And now that I have the Info on the card how do I get it into the design software to work on it? page 16 in the scanning probe book (the last sentence) says "Open the carvewright design software and access the scan data by selecting the Download scan menu itemon the file menu" I did that and cant seem to find my project. thanks in advance[/Q HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Unhappy Cannot Post In Forum

I have been a registered member for a while now but I can only reply to this FAQ thread. I cannot reply or post in any other thread. Am I missing something here. What are the forum rules for newbees? I emailed to the webmaster, but no reply. Can anybody explain the system to me. I am lonely here in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I have been a registered member for a while now but I can only reply to this FAQ thread. I cannot reply or post in any other thread. Am I missing something here. What are the forum rules for newbees? I emailed to the webmaster, but no reply. Can anybody explain the system to me. I am lonely here in Canada!
    When you click on new post, you see the forum the post is housed in on the far right side of the screen. Click on that link and it will put you into that particular forum (ie., CarveWright machine, software, technique). Scroll to the bottom of all the posts on that page and you will see a button on the left of the screen that says start new thread. Click that button, put a title on the thread and post away!

Good luck
    Jeff

Jeff Corder

Thank you for replying Jeff, I have tried what you suggest. I get a message box informing me that I do not have the privleges. At the bottom of any other thread page, the posting rules box says