Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Question Here

I've not noticed any discrepencies from the estimated time vs. the actual time...it's always been right on, as far as I can tell. So I don't know what would cause the time difference you are experiencing.

Also, it is my understanding that the quality setting at the machine has no affect at all when running projects. The quality settings at the machine itself apply to machine functions only (not projects run from the memory card). For example, machine functions would include bevel and miter cuts - things totally separate from running actual MPC projects from the memory card. The machine quality setting applies when running "machine only" tasks, not MPC's.

If I'm wrong about this, I am sure someone from LHR/CarveWright will let me/us know.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I checked the Hardware Manual for C Machines. On page 22 it states the following about the machine quality settings...

"1) Quality (Default, Draft, Normal, Best)
    The Quality menu option lets the user change the carving quality of
    the project on the fly. Selecting default will use the settings selected
    in the Designer software."

This statement implies that I am wrong about my understanding of machine quality settings. But, I could have sworn I was told those settings had no effect on a project MPC. Perhaps that used to be the case in the past...or, perhaps the person that told me this was wrong, too...or, maybe those quality settings really DON't affect an MPC project after all (but that would seem contradictory to what the manual states).

So, I guess we'll need to hear from LHR/CarveWright to confirm which is true.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 02-13-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Also, it is my understanding that the quality setting at the machine has no affect at all when running projects.
    No, you can select the quality of a project on the fly... it's option 0-1.

The designer software saves the full detail of the project when you write it to a card -- the machine itself changes the quality of the carve.

A project is saved with a "quality" flag, though, so when option 0-1 is set to <<default>>, it uses the quality embedded in the project file.

Thank you, Metallus! (Floyd had it right - I did not!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Soooooo, you guys may have helped me with a problem I've been having. My cuts have looked terrible lately and I couldn't figure out why. Looked at option 01 and it was set on 'draft'. Are you saying even if I programed in 'best' in Designer, because the machine was set on draft instead of default, it would cut draft? How about the estimated time? If it says 1:50 on best, it still takes about 1:50 to carve.

Quote Originally Posted by seathis View Post
    Soooooo, you guys may have helped me with a problem I've been having. My cuts have looked terrible lately and I couldn't figure out why. Looked at option 01 and it was set on 'draft'. Are you saying even if I programed in 'best' in Designer, because the machine was set on draft instead of default, it would cut draft? How about the estimated time? If it says 1:50 on best, it still takes about 1:50 to carve.
    Beats me! I'm still trying to get used to the idea that the machine quality settings actually have an affect upon running an MPC (still could swear I was told otherwise, years ago).

Anyway, based upon Metallus' official confirmation that machine settings DO have an affect (other than the "default" quality setting at the machine), my guess would be YES - changing the setting at the machine would result in an "override" of the quality setting you chose when uploading to your memory card. This would change the quality and time estimate of the project if the two settings are different.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 02-14-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

7. Default

Hey fellas..... when making a sled do I need to add the thickness of the sled to the thickness of the board when programming board size..?

You typically would NOT want to do that. If you add the thickness of the sled to you project board, for any cutouts you have in your project, it will try to cut thru the sled as well.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by Old Post View Post
    Hey fellas..... when making a sled do I need to add the thickness of the sled to the thickness of the board when programming board size..?
    Please read the following Tips & Tricks PDF newsletter. It may help you with the procedure for setting up your sled projects (particularly pages 4 and 5 of the document).

ISSUE 12 September 2008 – Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

10. Default Forum permissions?

Hello,

I created this account to post questions have my questions answered and look at user's attached pictures so I can see the capabilities of the machine.

I have created this account and email verified it but the system won't let me do what I need to do.

I cannot post new threads I can only post replies like this. I cannot post or view attachments.
    I thought there was some setting I needed to check off in my profile settings but I don't have access to that either.

Please help me out how do I get forum permissions to allow me to use this forum and community?

Thanks

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast