Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Question Here

1. Default Post Your Question Here

Before you Post Your Question, answer ours:

• Did you look in the FAQs and still can't find your question?
    • Have you looked at the other forum sections to see if your topic is listed?
    • Have you tried to do a search on your topic? (Use quotation marks to help in your search.)

OK then, Post Your Question HERE.

Any registered forum member can post in this thread or reply to these questions, but only moderators may post new topics in this section. Registered members may post new topics in any of the other forums on this site.

Thank you, and enjoy!
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 01-25-2011 at 04:35 PM.

NauticalTraders Guest

Default Question #1143739850 and counting

I have been reading through your FAQ's. You said the advanced software package would be released in 2007. Thats great! I bought the entire CarveWright system when I saw it. Will there be any release for those of us who already have the machine or will we have to purchase it as well??

Chris

it appears that they intend to make it avail to everyone but at this point there has been no set price (the last time I checked anyway).

it also appears that they will break apart some pieces like centerline font for a portion of the price.

stay tuned
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

Default MPC File?

I see pics with a .mpc. What program loads those?

Thanks

5. Default

.mpc file are loaded by the compuCarve designer software. From what I understand current owners will have to buy the new software for a fairly steep price.

Question Wood

Can any one tell me where to get 1/2" thick wood by 12" w or more .Thank Ray: confused:

Smile Welcome aboard new carver!

sanray,
    It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish and what tools and skills you have. You can buy MDF or plywood in 4x8 foot sheets and if you dont have capabilities to rip it you can have your Lowes or Home depot cut it in sizes you want when you purchase it. I have seen white pine project boards that are laminated strips, again ready to purchase at Lowes or HD... If you are looking for hardwoods, you can get milled material from some lumber mills. If you have the tools and ability, you can use a jointer planer, and glue thin strips together to laminate them, then thickness plane them to your 1/2 thickness...

Hope that helps...

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

hewittrj78218 Guest

Default New user

I picked my Craftsman on Sat. I am reading anything I can. I have a few question.

What is the connector on the back under the out fead table?

What is a good wood to use to practiceon? I have some MDF.

Default Practice Materials

hewitt,
    The port was rumored to be a connector for a 4th axis attachment, but nothing has been released on that yet?... dont know if it ever will but thats what i heard.

Practice material - I used MDF as well for a little while, but found that it caused a lot of dust problems, gave me headaches, and ultimately has a chemical in it that is very bad for you. If you choose to use it, I highly reccomend using a dust mask, and you will have a good bit of vacuuming out to do afterwards. It does cave nice, and creates a nice painted project. Once you get going, you will want to create a downdraft table to control the dust, and it isnt an issue.

A decent cheap material is either pine shelving, or poplar, both available at your local Lowes, or Home Depot.

Hope this helps,

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

hewittrj78218 Guest

Default New user

Thanks for the information!

I think I will get me some poplar. I don't like anything with chemical in it. I am an Agent Orange Patient. And I don't need any more crap in my system!

Thanks
    Bob Hewitt

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast