Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Question Here

Default Carving Photo on acrylics

Can someone guide me through carving a photo on acrylics. I have carved some, but the finish is rough and scrachy. I would like to carve my grandson on smoke colored acrylics. Please help, and thanks.

poppy

Default maybe in the wrong place

What is the going price when you carve out any item in birtch or oak or butternut I dont know what to ask as price wise any help would be appreciated

Please put all posts on the actual user area of the forum. This part is strictly for announcements and information sent out by Carvewright.

Prices will tend to vary depending on size, time, etc. Try doing a search for this information. I remember seeing a thread at one point in time that dealt with pricing of projects.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Default Faq

I am a new user and I have some questions. What woods provide the best results? I have tested in Red Oak, Aspen and Pine but don't think they have a good enough result for final pieces. Are the pattern probe and Pattern Editor software worth the money? I tried to convert a picture using the designer software and did not get a good result. I sure hope the $350 I am spending for the probe and Pattern Editor software gets it done.

In many graphic programs there is an icon to make areas transparent. In Power Point it is an L angle with a pointer at 45 degrees pointing away from the vertical and horizontal lines of the "L". Click or select the graphic you want a part to become transparent (getting the little boxes around the graphic) then click on the icon I'm trying to describe. Then click the area of the graphic you want to become transparent. You will see things from behind showing through. If it is white, you will loose the lines. If the lines are colored, then make them white.

Default Shared *.mpc downloaded

Hi everyone - new Canuck user here
    we finally got the machine up here in Canada just over a month ago
    and a proud owner (by the way great support staff)

thanks to all who have shared their files
    I found a couple of files though that I get an error of created by newer version
    I have downloaded and was running version 1.131

would it be that these may have been done on other software other than the Carvewight design software

There are limitations to changing files that you did not create . It' possible it was created in a former version of designer or maybe it's a pattern for sale.
    Welcome to the forum.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default Acrylics vs Corian

The acrylics are available in 1/4" thick. Two questions regarding 1/4".
    #1 how do I snap the grid to 1/4"?
    #2 how do you use 1/4" acrylic with the CW? I am not able to use 1/4 wood in the set up of the CW without using a backup board and double faced tape. I must be missing some instructions.
    #3 Where are these instructions?
    Thanks!
    Woodpecker

#1 Yes you can snap to 1/4" ---- by adjusting the scale of the Grid to 1/4"
    #2 You can not carve 1/4" stock without a Sled or Carrier Board --the minimum carve able stock thickness is 1/2"

#3 try these -- ISSUE 7 April 2008 – Carving Jigs – Carrier Boards, Sleds and Rails

Woodpecker, Please post your Questions in the User portion of the forum below.
    This post should be in the CarveWright Machine or Techniques Headers
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default First Scan

Can someone help me with this problem, I just did my first scan, made my sled to the specs they suggested in the little book that came with the probe, the scan took a long time, my scan area was 8.25 X15.25, I had it on best and it took 7 or 8 hours. Will it take that long to carve also? And now that I have the Info on the card how do I get it into the design software to work on it? page 16 in the scanning probe book (the last sentence) says "Open the carvewright design software and access the scan data by selecting the Download scan menu itemon the file menu" I did that and cant seem to find my project. thanks in advance

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast