Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Axe to Grind.... are they all the same person?

Default Axe to Grind.... are they all the same person?

I have wondered reading some negative posts with attitude if they are all the same guy opening different accounts and posting negative comments. Not really asking a valid question, just throwing out negative comments in poorly spelled posts. The poorly spelled posts on purpose to flavor the post.

They always have Customers they are worried about the machine disappointing, but when you look at there profile they never have a website and rarely email.

I think it is time for CarveWright set up a User Account Verification system. I am getting tired of defending the machine to what looks like the same person.

It is disruptive to the people who are really here to learn.

Or have a Owners Forum restricted to members who have already purchased a machine and let the Posers have a section of the forum on the outside that we can choose to ignore. Granted many wishing to buy a machine will look here for help and this is a sales tool. Let them have read only options in the owners forum.

Change the Users Forum to Owners Forum. Granted there will be dissapointed owners but it is better than the Posers just here to kick the dog for the fun of it.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-25-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default second

i second that motion
    jeff

DO NOT FEED ! THE DRAGON

The mods here should now right away if its the same person. Pretty easy to track.
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Really makes you wonder, after all I now own 2 machins and with proper maint. and some forethought of what you are doing, this machine ROCKS!!!
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Arrow Questions and answers

I think the forum is for the owners, as well as potential owners. Before I embarked on my cc journey, I scanned the forum from top to bottom for ideas, patterns and feedback and asked a lot of questions. Good and bad. I have been one of the same old ranting post at one time also. Although, it was after I had purchased the cc. The "bad" posts had left me wondering if I would be waiting on a lemon, but I got it anyway. I took the dive not knowing what would happen. My point is, you need the bad with the good for ALL to be able to make a decision. While some posts are a bit over the line, I think most that are negative are just users like you and me that need to vent in some way. In most cases, the issue(s) is solved and an apologetic post follows, or the person simply sells the machine and moves on. Some have more than their share of problems, while others have few to none. Such is life. We all do need to be aware of the less unfortunate and if it is overboard, well then, let the mods sort it out...lol
    my 25 cents.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Default not

to be the devils advocate here but their was a person with 2 profiles that put up a url link that caused my computer to crash and one other person that i know of so some kind of check system may not be a bad thing i am all for negative input about carvewright as long as it is legitimate and helps solve problems
    jeff

DO NOT FEED ! THE DRAGON

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncarver View Post
    i am all for negative input about carvewright as long as it is legitimate and helps solve problems
    I agree completely with that.

On the other part of that. With all the spam, worms, etc, in the internet world, it can't be a bad thing to protect what we have here.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Sorry Digital but no more censorship. We get that already when the moderators must cut something off when it gets out of hand. At times, I don't even always agree with that.

We need to hear the good and the bad. As far as it being only one person doing all the complaining, I doubt that after reading this forum diligently since last August it seems there are a number of people who have problems and some of the negativity seems just.

Anyway, this is one of the best forums that I have had the privilege to be a part of and I don't want to see it changed.

Thanks to ALL who have contributed in the past. I feel that I have been given a great education and have a fantastic "club" to go to for information.

Well there will always be some people who have nothing better to do with their lives than try to stir up chaos on forums like this. There is no good way to 100% block the spammers, etc without making the usage of the forum impossible for the other 99.999% of the nice folks here. So we all do the best we can...

I personally understand the frustration that Al is expressing. As a moderator we sometimes get more than our fair share of the gaff, but that is part of it I guess. The real measure, for me at least, is if the post adds value to the forum. Potential buyers learning that they need to do their homework and learn the machine and software adds value. There have only been a few cases of 'trolls' that I know of. (A 'troll' on the Internet is someone only out to cause trouble.) They are pretty easy to spot as almost every post is a snide comment about something (does not add value.)
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Venting

Some times it is just great to have someone to vent and take out your frustrations. People on this form will put up with you for a long time ,(even if you are wrong )because they Know they have been there to.
    This is a totaly new woodworking revolution we are all learning each day.
    That is what keeps us coming back ! I have seen many of us grow with this group (ck My join date )
    The best Way to never be wrong is never to do anything or try any thing new.
    Let the negative die by it self they wont last long.

Have a good day !!
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast