Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rotating Letters

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    Steve - Can I ask how you created the deco? You don't want to know what I did to make the short lines around the outer circles
    I used Corel Draw to copy an object around a circle and saved it as a DXF. I can modify it for you if needed. Let me know.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    Steve - Can I ask how you created the deco? You don't want to know what I did to make the short lines around the outer circles
    The radial vector generator posted by JLT (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...=radial+vector) some time ago can be useful for more than making gears. It can make radiant lines in a jiffy. No special Designer software is needed.

Tried creating the radials in AutoCAD and exporting/importing as a DXF but for some reason everything except the radials came in. Didn't think about Corel but tried it and worked great.

Also downloaded and tried the radial vector generator and it worked very well too. Wish I had either of these tips before spending an hour or so copying, pasting, rotating, trimming, etc. using my attempts.

Thanks guys for all your help as well as the lessons!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345