Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rotating Letters

No.... I guess I read too quickly. I just caught that he wanted to stay with vectors... so I wasn't thinking "centerline". My apologies.
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks Doug, and yeah I wanted to use centerline for the look as well as the speed. I've seen the posts on ai2mpc and haven't downloaded/tried it as I've been able to do everything I need in Designer. I do have the DXF importer but will take a look at ai2mpc.

And DickB, you have some amazing clocks!

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    Have a clock face I'm working on and want to rotate the numbers as they go around the clock. I'm using Times New Roman and centerline, the numbers rotate, but then appear to be italized. The 3, 6, 9 and 12 appear OK when rotated, but the rest look italized. Any ideas/suggestions?
    Try these numbers. They are all vectors so you can assign a bit to any depth and size without distortion.

EDIT: I had the 10 and the 11 angle of rotation off by 10 degrees. I fixed it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Shouldn't the "4, 5, 6, 7 and 8" be rotated 180 degrees?

...Peter

Quote Originally Posted by jakab View Post
    Shouldn't the "4, 5, 6, 7 and 8" be rotated 180 degrees?

...Peter
    I suppose it would just be a matter of preference but, I added them to the file.
    Steve

I have an un unrelated but related question. On the picture of the finished clock, how did you get the centerline text dark with the face still light? When I do outdoor signs I spray the lettering and also painting the surrounding area, then sand the surrounding area to remove the unwanted paint. That will not word for fine stuff lild this.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Here are the same numbers as Roman Numerals.
    Steve

Thank you!

...Peter

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I have an un unrelated but related question. On the picture of the finished clock, how did you get the centerline text dark with the face still light? When I do outdoor signs I spray the lettering and also painting the surrounding area, then sand the surrounding area to remove the unwanted paint. That will not word for fine stuff lild this.
    Clint
    Clint

When I have a V-carved sign where the letters are recessed (as in Centerline) I usually spray the entire sign with 2 coats of shellac first. After that dries, spray the letters black or any color you like and then sand off the surface with a random orbit sander (or a drum sander if you have one but, it really messes up the expensive sandpaper). Spraying the entire sign with shellac first stops most, if not all, of the paint from bleeding into the surrounding areas.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Just a suggestion. I cleaned up the lines a little and added a center deco. Also, on the back I changed the recess to a pocket cut using the 1/8" cutting bit. If you like it you are welcome to use it in any way that you like. If not, burn it.

EDIT: Interestingly, when I opened my own file in Designer 2.05 the IV and V had the same problem even though I had completely removed the numbers and re-created them in 1.187.
    Steve - Can I ask how you created the deco? You don't want to know what I did to make the short lines around the outer circles

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast