Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Designer 1.133 pattern editor crashes

1. Default Ver. 1.133

Upgraded to 1.133 on 3/6/09 and had the same problem others are reporting. Today went through control panel and removed ver. 1.133, loaded 1.132 and did another upgrade. This time it worked ok. I did notice the file that I removed of ver. 1.133 was 129 MB, the new file that I installed was only 89 MB. Now I haven’t used my machine all winter, and very little last summer, and my files should not have been 40 MB. I thought I’d pass on a little positive about this issue.

Sorry forgot: Vista Ultimate 32 bit service pack 1; 2.8 GHZ Pentium D; 2 G Ram

Looked back on 1.132 and the file size was only 55.7 MB, I'll leave this mystery to the experts

Edit: Well it did work "Twice" then the dreaded gui.exe has stopped working, I will leave 1.132 on my MAC, and use it until this problem is corrected. The PC will also go back to 1.132.
    Last edited by twiceretired; 03-08-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Any upsate on the fix?

Add me to the list. Opened the PE and it worked ok until I tried to close the PE then it locked up. Had to restart the program.

Default Add me too..

Everytime I try to open the PE it crashes.. Not good for an update..

Question Question

I have a question.

Is it only the "Pattern Editor" that crashes for all of you or does Designer crash as well?

I don't really use the PE except for downloading scans and on occasion, opening a pattern I created in Designer so I can save it as a PNG to work on in PSP.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

for me.... "all" else works (as far as I have tinkered), just upon opening PE do I get the immediate "gui.exe has stopped working"

I am still on 1.132 until further positive notice on update.
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Thumbs down wow

tried it also and, guess what? It crashed... Maybe some testing before the release would be the proper course of action. At this point I DO expect more. I guess thats why I still use 1.120 with confidence.
    As a side note- This is the first software issue I have had with this also, from the demo(1.02 to 1.132.
    Last edited by newcarver; 03-15-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

8. Default

I’m new to the forum but have had my machine for about six months. This error prompted me to search for help here. Someone mentioned going back to version 1.132 as a fix. I can’t find where you can choose which version to go back to in Win.XP. I can use Repair under Add/Remove Programs and get back to version 1.130 where the editor works, but many of my current projects were created in a more current version and will not open up under an older version. It forces me to update back to 1.133 again after I am done with the editor.

Can someone tell me/us, how to get back to 1.132 until 1.133 is fixed?

DAD

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daducote View Post
    Can someone tell me/us, how to get back to 1.132 until 1.133 is fixed?

DAD
    I just asked this same question yesterday in a different thread. Here's the response I got, and it worked out great:

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post

Frank

10. Default

Frank, You are my hero. Your link did allow me to update from 1.130 to 1.132 and I appear to be back in business. It would not allow me to go from 1.133 back to 1.132. I had to use repair again to get back to 1.130.
    Thanks,
    DAD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast