Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer 1.133 pattern editor crashes

Default Designer 1.133 pattern editor crashes

Both of my computers at home and at work crash when I try to open the pattern editor in Designer 1.133 (build 7195). Both of these computers run XP. I get the Microsoft application close dialog reporting an error with gui.exe. Can anyone else confirm this?

Just downloaded version 1.133..... and yes, as soon as I "launch pattern editor" I get the dreaded "gui.exe has stopped working"...... I am running Windows Vista with latest service pack. I have yet to try any other functions at this time.
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Lol thought it was just my computer. It took me forever to upload a project on the flashcard. Not to mention the designer crashing, haven't tried the pattern editor. Now hearing this I am afraid! The project came out fine, the CW worked well.

Ike

I have the same problem when launching version 1.133 - the Pattern Editor will not come up and the entire program crashes. I am back to version 1.32 for now.

Thumbs down Same here

Same result here, I guess thats why I still use 1.120
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

6. Default

Yep, me too. I'm running vista and pattern editor crashes every single time I try to run it.

I just spent about 10 minutes fooling with Editor and didn't have any problem. Running XP Professional.

Thanks for reporting the problem. It is really essential that you guys report what OS you are using as well. I just installed 1.133 on my Vista laptop and PE works just fine.

Some things I would try if you are having problems.

1) Download the file again, downloads can get corrupted sometimes.
    2) Uninstall Designer and reinstall.
    3) If you have hundreds of patterns in your pattern library, remove a lot of them. (It can cause you to have memory issues.)
    4) Turn off hardware acceleration and/or increase the size of your rendering cache.

Remember to report a bug please the prefix "BUG" in your thread title and include as much information about your computer and OS as possible.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Hmmmm... tried the first 3 of your list 'o things to try.... still no go.

I am using Vista Home Premium SP1

I have gone back to 1.132 currrently and it works fine. (just checking...)

step 4 could use a tad more explanation, (understand concept, wanna know how)

thanx in advance Jeff
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Guys,

I am experiencing the problem as well on each computer that I am using. (XP, Vista Home Premium, Vista Ultimate 64 bit). I have tried doing the uninstall and reinstall and have even tried setting the rendering cache. It's something further in depth. I am looking into the problem along with the engineers. When we find the cause and solution, we will let you know.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast