Thread: product sales

Question product sales

Being a newbie to CW and this forum i was really surprised by the attention some of the projects caused. After making the wilderness clock,the coin caddy,and the memo board people are starting to want to buy them. My question is how do you determine a fair price for items like this? I don't want to get rich,but giving them all away isn't an option either. Any help would be appreciated. Norm

Here's one thread that discusses that. Put "how to charge" using the quotes into the search engine and you will see several more.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...=how+to+charge

Exclamation product sales

Mike: Thanks for the heads up. The info there will at least give me a place to start. Thanks again Norm

Default Idea for fundraising

A few weeks ago when I was in woodshop in jr. hi, the warden/teacher had and used fervently what was then called the "board of education". As corporal punishment for miscreants has fallen out of favor by the enlightened ones, perhaps those of us with fond memories of whacks gone by would like full scale reproductions for reenactment, or scale models for the curio shelf.
    I'd buy one,especially if it had the holes...
    Nostalgicly,
    Ron

Default Food for thought

Here is some potential fundraisers as food for thought.
    AskBud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graham Falcons.JPG   Indian.JPG   Milton Union.JPG   MU Doorway.JPG  

AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

also if you put "pricing" in the search field is another good way to get info. the most popular ways to price items are by the square foot, double or triple the cost of materials or a straight time option. i personally use the square foot option and it works well. i have 4 prices, softwood finished, softwood unfinished, hardwood finished and hardwood unfinished. sometimes i get people that have the wood all ready so i just charge for the size of the project. i use my own judgement on that. the only other thing to include is if the customer wants a special pattern of a family picture or something like that. you would have to make a height map or have someone else do it and it costs extra to do that.
    -Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Griffiths View Post
    Being a newbie to CW and this forum i was really surprised by the attention some of the projects caused. After making the wilderness clock,the coin caddy,and the memo board people are starting to want to buy them. My question is how do you determine a fair price for items like this? I don't want to get rich,but giving them all away isn't an option either. Any help would be appreciated. Norm
    I have also experienced the same phenomenom that you have Norman. Here is post I made and some of the replies have been helpfull

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=15252

CHRIS