Thread: Staying under the rollers

Default Staying under the rollers

I have been having problems with getting the CW machine to read the length correctly. I put my actual 8x10 piece in a sled which is 10x18 (leaving 4 inches on each end for safety). When you say yes to "Stay under the rollers" it measures 11/18 and then you get the dreaded "Scale to length". In talking to LHR today they advised that it measured the 18 but then substracts 7 inches(the two mandatory 3.5 inches on each end) to arrive at the 11 inch measurement. They advised to select "No" when it asks if you want to stay under the rollers. That
    makes sense because there is no way with the sled having an extra 4 inches on each end that it could do anything but stay under the rollers. I tried it and it works...no scaling.

carrothers,

I can't really explain it, other than it works. I picked up this tip way back when from MichaelT's monthly tips and tricks news letter.

Actually what it does is, it forces the machine to measure the full length the board. If your actual 8x10 is centered (horiz. and vert.)on your sled, you tell it to "place on center". this should bypass your scaling problem.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I never chose "stay under rollers" as long as you have the extra 7" on the board you have nothing to worry about. Good call.

Mark

When you tell it to "stay under rollers" it adds 7" to the project length (in this case it adds 10+7) and looks for that length when it measures the board. If it doesn't find that length either due to the board/sled being shorter or the board slipping during measurement it will ask to scale it.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Default Measurements

Short answer is YES.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns