Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Designer Software Manual

Is the version 1.39? I changed the https:// to http:// and it took me to the downloads. From there I downloaded the manual(s).
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Jeff, I thought the same thing and called the printer today and got the shock of my life, $196.
    Holy cow! I think the person on the other end of the phone was smoking something, or else they were book-binding it or something. The $24 mentioned a few posts after yours is more realistic.

I thought it would be cheaper than buying my own ink for my inkjet; we all know how expensive that is.
    A few months ago I bought an external inking (auto-refill) system for my Epson 'all-in-one' printer/scanner from: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/index.html. It works great, and was about the same price as a new set of 6 cartridges for my printer (with about 10x the ink in the kit). I did a bunch of research before choosing this system as it seems the vast majority of refill kits are complete junk. This company actually buys each model of printer when it comes out and gives you the skinny on it. They have also been very helpful when I emailed them questions.

If you do not do a lot of printing I would not suggest the auto-refill system as all the extra ink will dry out and go to waste. The other issue is that various printer manufacturers go to great lengths to keep you from using ink-refills. When my printer thinks it is getting low on ink I have to lift the lid and press a button to reset it. Not a big deal.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by ruggybear View Post
    Kinkos for $24.00 in Milwauke, WI
    The UPS Store near here quoted $12. The rates are 10 cents per page up to 100 pages and 6 cents per page if the file is more than 100 pages.

i havent looked at this yet but how many pages is it to print out

maybe a guy should just burn it to a cd and use that when needed

kendall
    no chips on the floor means no money in the bank

Default # of pages

I show it as 201 pages
    Rick H.

Thumbs up Software Manual

Thanks for posting the link. This makes it easier when trying to figure out how to use the software.

Kenny

I'm not sure if anyone has said this but you can save this to your computer and read as you find time. Just right click and save as a pdf.

Happy reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    Holy cow! I think the person on the other end of the phone was smoking something, or else they were book-binding it or something. The $24 mentioned a few posts after yours is more realistic.

A few months ago I bought an external inking (auto-refill) system for my Epson 'all-in-one' printer/scanner from: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/index.html. It works great, and was about the same price as a new set of 6 cartridges for my printer (with about 10x the ink in the kit). I did a bunch of research before choosing this system as it seems the vast majority of refill kits are complete junk. This company actually buys each model of printer when it comes out and gives you the skinny on it. They have also been very helpful when I emailed them questions.

If you do not do a lot of printing I would not suggest the auto-refill system as all the extra ink will dry out and go to waste. The other issue is that various printer manufacturers go to great lengths to keep you from using ink-refills. When my printer thinks it is getting low on ink I have to lift the lid and press a button to reset it. Not a big deal.

I had actually added all the other manuals that CW has; the manual for the machine itself, the parts list, etc. and went to the printing company that they use at my office. So, yes, I suppose if I had gone to Kinkos I would have gotten a cheaper price. I ended up printing it myself. Thanks for the link to the ink seller Jeff, I will definitely check it out.
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

9. Default Spiral Binding

I got one copy made at Kinkos - printed greyscale, clear plastic front cover, black plastic back cover and spiral binding so that you can flip it flat. $24. They said if I order 100 copies it would be $12. Anyone wanna chip in, he he he.
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 03-06-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post

Wow! what an awesome printer. I just purchased the Epson C120 with the auto-refill. I have never hear of this kind of ink system. They are ink that sits outside the printer and continuously feeds ink to the printer without constantly changing ink cartridges at $30 a cartridge. This system only cost $99, including the printer!!! Thanks Jeff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c120 with system 3.jpg  
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast