Thread: "Team Choosers"

Default "Team Choosers"

Perhaps there is an official name for these, but team choosers is the best I could come up with for a quick post.

A group of us play a game related to Canasta called Hand & Foot, and often hold tournaments where we get 4 tables together and play for fun. Everyone brings some food, so it's never a bad time.

Anyway, we usually just write numbers on slips of paper and everyone draws for partners. I decided to bump it up a notch and create these. They went over quite well, everyone loved them. So I am presenting this more of an idea than a quality piece of work. It could easily be implemented in other games or competitions.

They are carved from pine. One of the other players makes trophies, I used that design to create the hand and foot pattern for the left half. All the straight edges I placed index marks on while carving and cut with a table saw afterward. Then I cut the two matching parts in two using a scroll saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF5893 (Medium).JPG  
    Last edited by brdad; 02-23-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Smile Great Idea!

Those look great! I wish I could paint that good the text is fantastic thanks for sharing them.
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

For Centerline Text I just rough paint the letters and keep cleaning out the text to get a thin coat. After is is Dry, I sand it flush for a crisp paint job.

Nice idea.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Digitalwoodshop Thanks I will try that next time, almost sounds to easy!
    Thank You
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Brdad, those are really cool looking! I'm sure they went over very well. Keep up the great work and keep those pictures rolling in, I love 'em.