Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decorative Tea Box Project

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaPam View Post
    What a nice present. So well done!

My only suggestion is to fill it with Yogi brand teas. My favorite is Egyptian Licorice Mint (amazingly better than it may sound to some folks) If you don't live in Eugene, Fred Meyer carries some of their choices and health food stores carry a few. The best selection is on line where I order a couple of cases a few times a year. Sweet Thai Delight is a lot of people's favorite and Sweet Mexican Chili has a great zing, Pomegranate and Green Tea is good in the morning. There's at least half a dozen kinds in my cupboard. I'm probably their best salesperson and they don't even know it. I give a lot of mine away because I want other people to try it. There is a reason ships used to brave sailing off the edge of the earth for tea.

You do beautiful work. It is much appreciated.

G.P.
    Thank you - I had my wife read your post this morning, and she's on a quest to find the teas you suggested. Thanks again!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Very Nice!

fantastic looking box..... been trying to put something like this together since I got my machine and this gives me new hope.......

Great idea and design on the box. Just wish I never gave the wife this web page information. Kinda of hard to keep up with my own work without her seeing all of your designs and saying.....Honey would you mind?....

I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

You have me interested in creating one of these... what are the dimensions of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by PlateCarver View Post
    You have me interested in creating one of these... what are the dimensions of the box?
    As the next subscription project, can we get a little head start?? What sized boards are required so the glue-ups for the strange and exotic woods will be ready.....

Awesome looking project, I can't wait for it to be released!!
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Hello,

The finished Tea Box is approximately 12” wide x 8¼” deep x 5½” tall.

The project uses boards with the following dimensions:

TeaBox_Top.mpc: .75” x 11.25” x 19½”

TeaBox_Sides.mpc: .75” x 11.25” x 25½”

TeaBox_Bottom.mpc: .75” x 9.25” x 18”

These dimensions INCLUDE the extra 7" already. If you are using a sled, you can subtract 7" from the specified length, then setup your sled/jig so you gain the 7" from your sled instead of from the actual board stock.

Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanx for that info. Even tho I am an early retiree, I often find myself busier than when I was running my own store!! so to have the supply wood dimmensions early means I can have that wood ready and waiting for the subscription release, especially if I decide to use something that is not available in the required widths.... again, thank you for the info and keep up that simply marvelous design work!!!!
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Question

Would this be the March Subscription project?
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Icutone2 View Post
    Would this be the March Subscription project?
    With the progression of events last month.... I am assuming yes.. but you know what that "assume" word can mean sometimes!!!
    ver 1.162

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast