Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Decorative Tea Box Project

Actually, it is February's project - however, I'm just going to call it "the next project"!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

2. Default

Michael,
    this is awesome. What great detail. You never cease to amaze me. Thank you for sharing.

I eagerly await the release of this months subscription!! and I know it will be soon 'cause there is only 2 days left in February!!!! (this is a subtle reminder to me as I almost always remember my mother's March 2nd birthday a day or two late... ya know, with the "holy ^&&$%#" it's March already????)
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Hi Michael

can you get your 3m sanding wheels i cant find them where i live

thanks
    STEVE

Quote Originally Posted by slcombs View Post
    Hi Michael

can you get your 3m sanding wheels i cant find them where i live

thanks
    STEVE
    Hello,

The discs can be ordered online from Ottofrei.com and from McMaster.com

I order mine from McMaster, but I think Ottofrie has a little lower price from what I have heard. Here are the McMaster part numbers...

Stack multiple discs (I stack 3 at a time) on the mandrel (3/32" dia. part # 4494A44) to suit the task at hand - http://www.mcmaster.com sells the discs online for about 88 cents each (search their site for "radial bristle discs"). We use McMaster part # 4494A19 (80 grit), part #4494A18 (220 grit) and #4494A17 (400 grit) discs.

I rarely use the 400-grit, it can "polish" the wood and stain won't penetrate...the real workhorse is the 220-grit for overall use on detailed cleanup...the 80-grit (coarse) is also handy and works a little faster, but you have to be a bit more careful with the coarser grit so you don't overdo it.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234