Thread: Deisgner VS Pattern Editor

Default Deisgner VS Pattern Editor

I am curious. What capabilities will pattern editor, beside the obvious - to edit patterns, give me that designer does not have?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Custom Quilt Racks & Hangers
    www.gwizpro.com

Quote Originally Posted by gwiz View Post
    I am curious. What capabilities will pattern editor, beside the obvious - to edit patterns, give me that designer does not have?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Tom,

You basically said it, it allows you to edit images to create patterns. It is LHR's version of image editing software like PS, Corel etc.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Well, effectively, that's it. With the pattern editor you can edit patterns that you create or scan with the probe.

Designer has no pattern "editing" capabilities. It only lets you arrange existing patterns and produce projects.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

One other very obvious feature - the Pattern Editor is the only way to be able to retrieve a scan from your memory card after a scan is performed.

Of course, the Pattern Editor comes included with the scanning probe ("duh" on myself). It doesn't make much sense in my mind to purchase the Pattern Editor software separately without the probe - you miss so much of the benefits and, yes, the fun of having a "complete system"! (I ordered the probe before my first machine order arrived from Sears).

Scanning allows anyone to create a practically limitless supply of full-dimensional patterns very easily from objects around the house, the dollar store, garage sales or the flea market.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══