Thread: Anyone making Children's Toys for Sale?

Exclamation Anyone making Children's Toys for Sale?

You might want to read this: Copy/paste the link.

It concerns lead contamination and certification of lead-free status of products sold for children.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/communit...ail=1640700570
    Mike Schnitzius
    North Hills, CA
    SAA.3840@verizon.net

I know someone who has been making wooden toys and other products for years and this would likely put a stop to the toy end of it. I'm all for safety especially with kids but there are limits. And once the gov't starts with something like this they just don't stop. Before you know it all kids will be required to stay in the womb until they are 12.

There was a big stink here in Missouri the last few months as our genius state legislatures tried to make second hand shops liable for any used product they sold that might have lead or other 'bad' stuff in/on them. They were even all up in arms about zipper pulls having lead in them.

My wife volunteers for a local charitable organization that has a resale shop that helps fund some of the charities other programs. The shop also provides work experience for folks to help them transition into other meaningful employment. (They believe in giving other folks a helping hand NOT giving hand-outs.)

Luckily the measure got defeated as it would have closed down every such business. Then I guess all the items donated to our local charity and to Salvation army and such would just wind up in land fills. That's really freaking GREEN!

Sorry, I know I'm wandering off topic but nothing frustrates me more than a bunch of idiot politicians, most of whom have never earned an honest days living in their entire life, presuming to tell the rest of use how we should live. I mean heck, I've even been stupid enough to pay my taxes all these years.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Thumbs up I agree

I've said it before myself,

Quote: --Sorry, I know I'm wandering off topic but nothing frustrates me more than a bunch of idiot politicians,
    most of whom have never earned an honest days living in their entire life,
    presuming to tell the rest of use how we should live.

That's when I start feeling like telling them, where to go !!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default I too agree

Why is it that when some big shot political person gets their hand caught in the cookie jar all they get is a pardon in the end by another crook, we go 1mph over the speed limit in a construction zone and they double our fine! Here is a new law they should make, henceforth when a politician gets caught and convicted, his or her fine, jail or prison time is doubled, and absolutely no pardons!!!

Here here I third that. In fact I think it could go one step farther that if a politician gets caught they should be sent to a regular prison and put out amonst that population. Not some watered down resort to serve their sentence.
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

Angry You have my vote

I think we need a constitutional amendment making it illegal for politicians to hold public office.
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.

I think you should consider running for office Jeff. Get in there and change things around. I know you would get a couple of votes from around here.