Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest praise thread!

Default Contest praise thread!

Wow we have 2 entries and all I can say to quote JJ Walker.....Dyno-oomite!!

I love it and I better get busy on mine!

This is the place for members to give praise and please not on the entry thread!

Ike

I still love both the entries and I so happy there are some many talented members!

Ike

Default contest

Hey, I thought there were three entries, what happened to Doc Wheelers? That clock was mighty fine! RayTrek that log cabin bird house, how in the world did you get the designer to do that! Man I have a long and winding road ahead of me! And John thats a pretty cool door chime,mmmm I wonder if you could make it into a wind chime some how??

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    I still love both the entries and I so happy there are some many talented members!

Ike
    wow, if that's beginner level entries, I'm in trouble LOL I'm not even a beginner yet LOL, Thats some really great creative work!
    Andrea

Michael aren't these entries great!!! Doc explained the reasons for moving his project in another thread. Ok let's see more!!!!

Ike

Thumbs up And The Winner Is

The true winner of this contest is everyone on the forum. Just think of all the valuable ideas these projects are going to trigger. I have only had the CW for two months and I have learned so much from looking at everyones different ideas. You could never buy all this valuable info that everyone is so willing to share. Many thanks to Ike for starting this contest and letting me post my project early because I will not have computer access for the next 10 days. I can't wait to get back to see everyone's entries. So post your entries even if you don't think they meet your standards, someone will be able to learn from them.

John

John, thanks I was hoping everyone would see it that way! I just realized something I have to go out of town next week leaving the 11th and will be home the 18th. I forgot all about it! It is for our new business I hope I have internet and I also realized it is the 5th and I haven't even started my project!

This new business is taking all my time!

Ike

Wow Lollywood Fantastic!! I still need to get busy!!

Ike

Four more days to get your project submitted! I am telling this to me! I have a design just not carved! Plus I need to find some parts!! Does anyone else need more time? I can extend it to the 9th maybe the 10th. The 11th I leave for a week and I hope the place we are staying has internet. I will not be back until the 18th. Tomorrow I am going to buy pre-made cabinets for my counter for the new business.

Guess I should say what the wife and I are doing! We have bought an old fashion soda stand. A what? You say! This isn't my web site but it will give you an ideal www.chuckwagonsoda.com It is a cover wagon, which I am going to change the design and improve it. My distributor made the wagon and well......!!! Back to the wagon it is an old 1800 type wagon with a regular soda machine and is tapped out of the water barrels. Instead of a couple barrels as you see in the movies I have 5! The barrels are not filled with the soda just the piping and taps go through them.

We will be serving Root Beer, Sarsaparilla, Orange Cream, Vanilla Cream and Black Cherry. I could serve Red and White Birch Beer, but it is an acquired taste. For you youngsters Birch Beer is made from a birch tree and some say it has a mint taste. I think it has a black licorice taste.

Then the soda is served in a refillable 32 ounce keepsake mug! I don't want an open area and I am building a front counter and a wash basin to make the health departments happy. I need 4 sinks, one for hand washing and 3 for cleaning. The only thing I have to clean is the end pieces of the taps. The rest is a sealed unit.

I also will need to make some type of street lamps I am going to use wood. Then will we go to festivals or like this one Chamber of Commerce events and we are trying to get into some big fairs. The wife and I will be dressing in period clothing. My wife as a saloon girl and me as a barkeep!

So that is what has been keeping me busy! Not to mention dividing my shop so we can store the wagon and supplies in the front half without having 4 inches of saw dust on everything! The wall is up and now I am reorganizing everything!

Ike

Ike Ill have a black cherry with just a little ice, make it to go I am in ahurry! LOLSounds like a cool project I hope you guys do very well!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast