Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to impressed

Angry Not to impressed

Will I feel stuck for lack of a better word , well that's not true I do have some words but cant say them. I just got a new CW out of the box it had a roller stuck error. I checked in here and looked over the files and such. Did all thing I could find to do called CW nice support person walked me though removed side cover and fixed it. Button the unit up Phil had told me how to remove the ribbon cable from the inside so as not to break it. it all went back fine. Turn it on and NOW I have the dreaded open door error so back to cw we walk though all the fix and it is decided that somehow between removing the SC it now blew a Circuit broad got to button the unit up and was being very easy and the door switch wire came off of on line

Button line I expect some problems along the way but have to say this is the poorest QC I have ever seen.

Its real frustrating and sad to have to mess with this stuff out of the box. This has noting to do with reading the Tips or manual this is poor QC

I have another unit coming in that I ordered told CR if ether unit continues they are going back next week
    Hess
    Last edited by hess; 02-03-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Thumbs down I agree

By now after this amount of time i do have to agree that the qc should have gotton better. Yes, we all can expect some issues with machines in our lives. I had alot of issues when i first got mine also and in the end have had about 85% of the parts replaced, works good now. Just hope cw reads these posts and takes in the good with the bad and improves the quality.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

On thing that kinda bites my butt is that it seems most of us can use a wrench when we need to and we gladly fix these units when we can on or own!! I'm other words we provide a lot of labor for free. Labor that CW does not have to pay for. We don't get a whole lot of discount on their product unless we buy from someone else who is selling the same thing for less.

If we all stopped doing or work I think we would see a very big backlog on getting our units back.
    another thing while I'm on my rant, why don't CW train or allow to train others to fix these units. That way there might being a closer alternative to this shipping brand new units to get them fixed. If they had to pay the shipping for new units I bet it would dang near beak you. Looking back these are not new issues they been around for some time. so If I can chill enough to keep these things long enough to see what they can do maybe Ill live long enough to see Gen X up and running with QC problems.

One more thing and I'll stop. There are folks out there who use these units to make their living or add income, that god knows we all need. Most of these folks don't buy crap tools, they make money with them so you buy the good stuff that will last. Each time one of these units is down it means money out of their pocket and that sad.

With all that said I'm hoping very much for a long relationship with my CWs I just hope they feel the same. now I go back out and turn some more Inlace.

Hess
    Last edited by hess; 02-03-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Default where you from

hesstx

where are you located, i would gladly stop in if your near. Im fron Wi and drove to Newcarver (4-5 hrs away) just to see what he had and learn from him.
    Twoatlow8

I'm WAY down in TX just below Ft Worth be a long drive but I agree one of the best way to learn is by seeing than doing. I have checked the Map on the Compucarvre/carvewight site and there is 1 person down about an hour from me and one about 2 hours North but don't know if they hang here or not. I would like to see some one who knows what they are doing work this thing. It will come

Boy I bet you arnt out at midnight working with the shop door open up there?
    I used to live in the Davenport area in IA grew up on the old Miss lived about 500 ft from it most my young life. Dont miss the cold but do miss the people and the river Spring summer and Fall were nice too. Summer gets Real hot here
    Thanks man
    Hess

6. Default Not too Impressed

I don’t think most of the problems I've read about on this and other forums are unusual for this type of machine. I serviced computerized embroidery machines for 10 years or so in a factory setting, and later on the road. All of the non routine problems, even with new machines, were solved using a phone with a manufacturer’s tech on the other end. Sometimes we would "overnight" a board or motor in. Fortunately the CarveWright is small enough to UPS into a service center if needed.
    If one thing tripped up in those embroidery systems, a chain reaction of failure would usually occur. There were also people who were jinxes around that sort of equipment.

Dave

Hesstex, Sorry you are experiencing problems from the get go.

Not trying to add to your frustation, because I have been there, but some points to remember.

The machine is built in China, hence the affordable price, and possible poor QC. I do not know if LHR test run every machine, but I would see this as inpracticable. Even American built cars can have Lemons.

As I say I am not trying to upset you anymore, I was there, but with some patience on my part and some TLC with the machine, the rewards from it are worth it.

Right now I am resisting the urge to complain to LHR about using grease and lubricants that work in freezing temperatures. My shop is unheated and I have not been able to use my machine since December.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Default Bunch of Old Newbies

I am all for some kind of maintenance and repair seminars. I have asked LHR if they would admit users to factory for purpose of learning machine repair. No answer but I only asked last week. I also asked if they knew anyone who might be capable of such instruction other than at factory. No answer. I missed a chance to go to one of their Sales Demonstrations in Columbus, OH. Should have gone. Maybe I could have turned that into some kind of learing experience by asking the right questions of their rep.

I think the idea of users getting together, those that are within visiting distance, is a good one also. There are at least three others, one is a long time friend, who frequent this forum and I intend to visit. One is a real guru. AskBud is just west in Indian Lake, Oh. I intend to visit him and pick his brain when I have a chance. He runs some kind of school and might be available for seminars. We just need to get our own community resources communicating and organizing.

I have found that with a little patience and the proper questions a lot of learning can take place right here on this forum. I do wich LHR would chime in more often with authoritative advice and information but then maybe they do. Several of our members seem to have might close ties to the company.

Keep writing, keep talking, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Jerry Firman - On Top of the World!
    www.farmer.newsvine.com
    www.cowcorners.com

Default Old Newbies

Hi Jerry,

The next time LHR is at a WoodWorker Show near you,
    by all means try to go and speak to the CW Rep's.
    I,ve be to two of the Shows (last Dec. and the Dec. before)
    both times I was able to get a wealth of information
    from the Rep's and answers to many of my questions,
    plus follow up Email answers from LHR after they had returned to Texas.
    Also a little insight into what LHR was up to with their Hardware and Software.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default AskBud

You give me way too much credit.
    I just try to use good logic, and I make my share of toothpicks/firewood.

I do keep a fairly good section on the CW in my signature, below, as a service to others.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast