Thread: Scanning Probe

coopertj Guest

Red face Scanning Probe

I am thinking about a scanning probe, I was wondering if it works and just what I could do with it. I do not see on my carvewright where it would plug into. My machine is about 11/2 years old just like new condition. I do not want to spend $300 and not be able to do much with it. I'm new with the machineI have used it for about 90 hours and i still have a lot of carvings that do not come out right. Anyway is the probe worth it?
    Thanks in advance for any info you can provide
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by coopertj View Post
    I am thinking about a scanning probe, I was wondering if it works and just what I could do with it. I do not see on my carvewright where it would plug into. My machine is about 11/2 years old just like new condition. I do not want to spend $300 and not be able to do much with it. I'm new with the machineI have used it for about 90 hours and i still have a lot of carvings that do not come out right. Anyway is the probe worth it?
    Thanks in advance for any info you can provide
    Tom

Yes the probe and editing software is worth the $300. The plug for the probe is located just inside the machine on the key board side. It is a flat connector.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If the machine is 1 1/2 years old and none of the parts have been updated more than likely the plug for the probe is still on the z-truck.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"