Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber Belts?

Question Rubber Belts?

I just had a belt tear on me and just replaced it with one of my spares but was wondering if anyone has used any of the new rubber traction belts and how do you like or dislike them.
    Using 1.178

Randy,

I've never used them but I hear they're pretty tough. I just can't get past the price. Since I got over 400 hours from my original belts, I figure I can buy quite a few sets for the cost of the new ones.

Still, it would be nice to know how long they last.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

I installed my set of rubber belts yesterday. My first impression is that they are quite 'grippy'. I suspect that tracking should be improved. They are thicker than the sandpaper belts, so you have to install some spacers under the squaring plate and use a new smaller OD o-ring on the board tracking sensor.

The sandpaper belts i took off were my machine were the originals. While they still worked OK, I suspect that my board tracking would have improved if I had put my spare set of sandpaper belts on; no doubt that the gradual decline in their performance over the last 2+ years was hard to notice. From the looks of the new belts I doubt that anyone could ever wear them out, they look to be a lifetime replacement. I think I'll put my spare set of belts up for sale because I'll never need them

The other good thing is that the replacement instructions for them also cover checking the belt drive roller for looseness and alignment. Everything you need to do so is in the kit (except loc-tite for the set screws.) I did find one of my drive rollers had a bit of play so it was good to catch it before it became a problem.

There are also some new calibrations that can be done on the machine. I had some trouble with the new 'Belt Calibration', but I understand the CW guys are still tweaking it to help us really fine tune our machines tracking.

All-in-all, I think the new Kevlar reinforced rubber belts and calibration functions are a big improvement.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    There are also some new calibrations that can be done on the machine. I had some trouble with the new 'Belt Calibration', but I understand the CW guys are still tweaking it to help us really fine tune our machines tracking.

All-in-all, I think the new Kevlar reinforced rubber belts and calibration functions are a big improvement.
    are these "new belt calibration" function already available in the latest software? Did I miss an update? I'm using 1.132

The calibration menu is available, key in '0', then '6'. I would steer clear of the belt calibration for now. Myself and at least one other 'beta' tester are having some issues with it (in other words only some machines have an issue). CW is working on it now.

Are these rubber belts availible from CW or is there another source?

Ike

You can get them from the CarveWright store: http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=250&page=1

Default Thanks Jeff

Maybe I'll hold off til all the tweaking is done.
    Using 1.178

Default new belts

i also keep spare belts but it sounds like i will not need them if i purchase the new ones since this thread is almost 2 months old has lhr finished tweaking?

thanks
    jeff

DO NOT FEED ! THE DRAGON

The new belt calibration routines on the machine are working great. I know CW is working on a how-to sheet on the new features but I'm not sure when it will be released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast