Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dust Collector

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dust Collector

Dont know if anyone is interested or not but I found a really good way to get the dust and chips out of my machine, I started with a downdraft but was not real pleased with the results, so I went through the viewing window and got the suction within1.5 " of the cutting tip, and now after a 3 hr carve non stop ,little or no chips
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jewelry boxes 002 (Small).jpg  

How did you make and attach the adapter?

I use a collector with a narrow/flat tip while the machine is running but I have to be there to hold it and move it around.

Thanks,
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Hi Steve I have a few more pictures I will post, but to get it to work I had to cut off 7/8" of my viewing window, the real trick is to figure the exact area of the inlet duct and match it ot the suction area.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of J.Box&Dust Collector 023 (Small).jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	19654

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of J.Box&Dust Collector 024 (Small).jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	19655

Name:	Copy of J.Box&Dust Collector 025 (Small).jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	19656

Name:	Copy of J.Box&Dust Collector 026 (Small).jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	19657

Smile

Steve that first picture is not correct, the wide sloy on the end is where I put a piece of aluminum algle 1/8x3/4x3/4 by full width that is for a 4" dust hose for a 2 1/2 " hose the suction slot has to be 5/16 by full width and again getting it as close to the cutting bit as possible is the key to sucess

Hey Doc you will be happy you did it works terrific!!! But you have to keep your dust collector pretty clean also

Sorry for the repeat posts but I forgot to mention something else The first picture just barely shows it but there are two little wedges that are the key to holding it in place, you have to glue them in place.

I have a question I see the dust collector in the machine, but I don't see how it works? Where is extracting the dust? It looks like the Z truck would hit it. I know it doesn't but I don't see how it works?

Sorry for being stupid.

Ike

Ike is that a question for me or Al? As far as mine goes the collector goes back till it almost hitting the Z truck and then drops at a 90 degree angle putting the suction right where you need it most, within a 1 1/2" of the cutting bit I believe Al made his first but I dont know how long ago, Al how does your work on MDF?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony View Post
    Ike is that a question for me or Al? As far as mine goes the collector goes back till it almost hitting the Z truck and then drops at a 90 degree angle putting the suction right where you need it most, within a 1 1/2" of the cutting bit I believe Al made his first but I dont know how long ago, Al how does your work on MDF?
    Michael, more for you since you made yours out of wood. I am still not sure how or where it sets.

You say it sets back until it almost hits the Z truck then goes down 90 degrees. How far down? And does it set above where the opening between the belts or just above the belt on the Z truck side?

Ike

Default Collect from the front

Michael,

Al did it that way too!

I'm gonna have to upgrade to something like that.
    Last edited by DocWheeler; 08-04-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast