The Woodworking Shows 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. jlovchik
    jlovchik
    It's that time of year again. We've been a little delayed getting this out to you all, but here it is. This year's schedule is short and only has the largest shows of the season. We need volunteers to go make money at the these shows!

The Woodworking Shows 2013 Schedule

January

BALTIMORE -
    January 4-6, 2013
    Friday 12-6; Saturday 10-6; Sunday 10-4

Maryland State Fairgrounds Cow Palace
    Cow Palace 2200 York Road
    Timonium, Maryland 21093

NEW ENGLAND - Joe Szegda?
    January 11-13, 2013
    Eastern States Exposition
    1305 Memorial Avenue
    West Springfield, MA 01089

INDIANAPOLIS - Jason Allen
    January 18-20, 2013
    Indiana State Fairgrounds Toyota Blue Ribbon Pavilion
    1202 East 38th Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46205

KANSAS CITY - Gary Rodewald?
    January 25-27, 2013
    Kemper Arena Grounds
    American Royal Court
    Kansas City, MO 64102

February

DENVER - Floyd Harris
    February 1-3, 2013
    Denver Merchandise Mart
    451 East 58th Avenue
    Denver, CO 80216

ST. LOUIS -
    February 8-10, 2013
    Gateway Center Center Hall, Ballroom ABCD
    One Gateway Drive
    Collinsville, IL 62234

MILWAUKEE -
    February 15-17, 2013

Wisconsin Expo Center Hall C
    8200 West Greenfield Avenue
    West Allis, WI 53214

SOMERSET - Joe Szegda?
    February 22-24, 2013

Garden State Exhibit Center Exhibit Hall
    50 Atrium Drive
    Somerset, NJ 08873

March

COLUMBUS - Jason Allen
    March 1-3, 2013

Ohio Expo Center Voinovich Trade Center
    717 East 17th Avenue
    Columbus, OH 43211

TAMPA -
    March 15-17, 2013

Florida State Fair Entertainment Hall
    4800 US Hwy 301 North
    Tampa, FL 336101

ATLANTA -
    March 22-24, 2013

Gwinnett Center
    6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
    #100 Duluth, GA 30097
  2. Alan Malmstrom
    Alan Malmstrom
    I could give it another try in Milwaukee.

Alan Malmstrom
  3. Capt Bruce
    Capt Bruce
    I'll take on the Atlanta Show in March. If someone wants to work this with me sound off.

Bruce Kinney
  4. Capt Bruce
    Capt Bruce
    Any decisions on the shows yet Joe? Thanks
  5. myshop1044
    myshop1044
    Joe I have agreed to work the Atlanta show with Bruce.

Perry B.
  6. Capt Bruce
    Capt Bruce
    Connie and Joe confirmed today we will be working the Atlanta Show Mar 22-24 so plan your trip Perry.
  7. fwharris
    fwharris
    Adding a tip for anyone doing the shows, If you can set up on Thurdsay afternoon before the Friday show. This will give you more time for your set up and making sure the machine is set up and ready to go. I also took a card table and extra table to set up everything. Even with these I has display items that were not put out. I had a corner booth set up (no vendor on the outside) so having the extra table was nice to have just the machine and related items on one table. The other two tables (comes with the booth) were used for display purposes. If you can/have a display shelf to sit on top of the table it help with the space plus it makes the items more visiable. The traveling pallet for the show has some plate stands included but if you can take more they will give you lots more room on the table to have items standing up instead of laying flat...
  8. Alan Malmstrom
    Alan Malmstrom
    Thanks Floyd

I have an extra table that's nice and sturdy and small that I can easily bring along, I think I'll do that. Going a day early isn't really worth an extra tank of gas though. I will also bring a dolly along to help. Last year I was carrying my computer back and forth every day and it was a lot of work. I'm also going to bring some extra clamps for holding the banner up.

Did the machine work in the show. Last year it wasn't working and had no bits.

Alan
  9. fwharris
    fwharris
    Alan,

I had no machine issues this time around, it ran like a dream. It did show up though with out a T handle for the chuck, no carving bit and the card reader would not be recognized as a usb device. The small vacumm would not work also. Gary had the same as his show before me. I sent a note to Connie and Joe so they could get these items replaced for the next show in St. Louis.

Are you using a desk top computer or a lap top? If a desk top I can see that as a pain to pack around. They do have a printer with the show stuff this time which made it nice for printing out the sale sheets, customer reciepts and anything else you might need. I did have to down load the printer drivers. It is a Brother HL-2070N series if you want to get the driver before getting to the show. Not sure what you are doing for internet access but for the Denver show the facility had in house access for $9.00 a day. I find having access makes it great for doing orders on the spot plus being able to show the CW site, forum and other places that relate to the CW.
  10. Capt Bruce
    Capt Bruce
    Thanks for these great updates Floyd,
    Very helpul ideas. Any clue on who out here is doing the Tampa Show in March. I'd like to exchange this type of data so I'll know what to expect when the boxes arrive in Atlanta. Many thanks again.
    Bruce
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast