• The CarveWright Corner

by Published on 01-16-2018 04:45 AM

We have set the dates for 2018 Annual CarveWright Conference.

Save the dates of June 21, 22 & 23. Please plan now to attend this event!

Holiday Inn Houston-Webster
    302 W. Bay Area Blvd
    Webster, TX 77598
    by Published on 10-20-2014 05:08 PM

This month's special offer for members of the CarversClub is:

10% off Any Decorative Bit

For this month's special we are offering a 10% off any decorative bit, sold both individually or as the 11-piece set. Don't forget any rubber stop collar or 1/4" split collet that you may need. Specify your adapter type when ordering.

Use the special code that you received on your email during checkout.

Order the CarversClub Subscription and register before the end of the month to receive this special offer plus 11 more!
    by Published on 10-20-2014 04:56 PM
    Article Preview

This Month’s New Project of the Month:
    "FLORAL FASCINATION BOX"

Previously Featured Project of the Month - October 2014

The Floral Fascination Box project will make a wonderful gift for any special occasion!

The design features two separate storage sections. The two tongue and groove sliding lids will protect the contents of whatever "fascinating" items the recipient chooses to stow (jewelry, accessories, knick-knacks or even candy).

All components are carved and cut out using just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The completed project is about is about 4" tall x 7" deep x 12" long

Difficulty Level = BASIC

by Published on 10-20-2014 03:10 PM
    Article Preview

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I seem to either have no time or nothing to share. The attached photos are of ...
    by Published on 10-20-2014 01:11 PM  Number of Views: 4499 

I did have to take a year off for a job I was needed at. You know, retired so you think. Anyway been a VERY SLOW project between all the other projects. Finished the headboard today. Did the Armoire first which is over 6' tall, then the dresser, finally the headboard. Thanks to those that provided the patterns and Mrs. Sharon for showing what paint can do to a project and I ain't no painter All is out of Red Oak and each piece weighed somewhere around a ton. Basement shop, out the small garage door, around the house, up the steep hill, and into the house. Did I mention steep hill? After sanding the finish is Lawrence McFadden Natural Oak Gel Stain. CarveWright did one heck of a job. Great Going LHR! And the forum that kept me going and did not give up on the machine when I first got it and had to learn the curve for this particular machine. That is a king size bed in the room.
    by Published on 09-10-2014 11:50 AM
    Article Preview

"FRAMED IN" Collection of Patterns
    ($25 value)

Enjoy this collection of frame patterns.

These patterns are compatible with any version of Designer.
    Download this pattern here: http://patterns.carvewright.com/vend.../download/8965
    If you are a CarversClub member, select the second option that says you do not need to register it. If not, you can download it and TRY it out.

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR OUR CARVERSCLUB MEMBERS ONLY!!
    by Published on 09-10-2014 11:34 AM
    Article Preview

"WISE OWL PENCIL HOLDER"

Previously Featured Project of the Month - September 2014

The Wise Owl Pencil Holder is a handy "back-to-school" project you can use year 'round! The adorable owl design makes a charming storage container for pencils, markers and pens.

You can easily complete this project with your CarveWright machine over a weekend. The project uses the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit.

The sample shown is finished with a stain - glazing technique, but you may opt for a colorful painted finish instead (it would be fun to let kids paint their own!).

The overall dimensions of the finished Owl Pencil Holder Project are approximately 5.5" W x 5.25" T x 3" D.

Difficulty Level = BASIC

by Published on 07-24-2014 03:46 PM
    Article Preview

CarveWright 2014 Conference

REVOLUTION: Rise of the Machines

June 26-28, 2014 - CarveWright hosted our 4th Annual Conference at South Shore Harbor Resort & Conference Center on the southern shore of Clear Lake half-way between Houston and Galveston Texas.

Approximately 85 people attended the event including special Guest Speakers who spoke on various topics of interest to CarveWright owners and prospective buyers. Classes from beginner level to advanced level were held and topics of interest to all included, creative finishing techniques, selling your wares at craft shows and we were introduced to some very "outside of the box" uses for the machine and accessories.
    by Published on 07-23-2014 12:57 PM
    Article Preview

10% off Sanding Mops & Refill Packs

Exclusive offer to CarversClub members for July 2014.

SAVE 10% off on Sanding Mops & Refill Packs. This offer can be combined with other sales for extra savings.

Go here to see selections available and enter your coupon code during checkout: http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=299

NOT A MEMBER?
    by Published on 07-23-2014 12:42 PM
    Article Preview

"STARFISH CANDLE HOLDER"

Previously Featured Project of the Month - July 2014

Get your "beach on" with nautical-themed Starfish Candle Holders!

The included project file makes one complete candle holder. You can run this
    file several times to make a set of any number of candle holders you wish.

The entire project is carved and cut out using just the 1/16 Carving Bit and the
    1/8 Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The candle holder is about 9.5" round x 1.5 " tall.

Difficulty Level = BASIC

by Published on 12-04-2013 07:02 PM
    Article Preview

25% off Festive Sleigh Project

Exclusive offer to CarversClub members for December 2013.

SAVE 25% off on this Festive Sleigh Project (my favorite) by Project of the Month Designer Michael Tyler of CarveBuddy.com.

Regularly priced at $50, it can be yours for $12.50 off.

Go here to order and enter your coupon code:http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=373&page=2

by Published on 12-03-2013 12:00 PM
    Article Preview

"CHEESE BOARD WITH KNIFE HOLDER"

Previously Featured Project of the Month - December 2013

The Cheese Board with Knife Holder project features a standard sized ceramic tile insert to provide a surface for cutting cheeses or fruits and a handy integrated "cheese wedge" knife holder. It's great for your own personal use at home, but it also makes a great gift or craftshow item.

This project is something you can easily make at a moment's notice!

The project uses the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

Finished dimensions of the assembled project are about 11.5" W x 7.5" D x 3.75" H.

Difficulty Level = BASIC
    by Published on 10-03-2013 06:43 PM
    Article Preview

10% off any Advanced Software

Enjoy this savings on any of the following advanced software:

Designer 2.0
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    Pattern Editor
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2d Vector Drawing Suite
    3d Pattern Modeling Suite

Can be used in conjunction with sale prices.

by Published on 10-03-2013 06:27 PM
    Article Preview

THE "PICKLE JAR TERRARIUM"

Make a cool terrarium using a gallon-size glass pickle jar and your CarveWright machine! I've had "make a terrarium project" on my to-do list for awhile, but hesitated because I needed to find a reliable source for a "standard size" and affordable glass container.

Finally, it occurred to me that a large pickle jar would make a dandy terrarium, is easily sourced and is dirt cheap...only about $5 for a gallon of pickles at the time of this writing. Follow along, as I show you how to make this fun project!

The project uses just the 1/8" Cutting Bit and no other bits are required.

The finished dimensions of the assembled project are about 9" round x 14" tall.

Difficulty Level = BASIC
    by Published on 09-04-2013 03:58 PM
    Article Preview

Dr. Beard's Poster Collection of Patterns
    ($70 value)

Enjoy this collection of quality patterns featured in the 2013 CarveWright Conference Dr. Beard's Poster Tutorial. Use these patterns in conjunction with the Step-By-Step Projects introduced at our 2013 Conference in Houston last June.

These patterns are compatible with 1.187, but some of the features in the Dr. Beard's Tutorial require Designer 2.0 in order to upload and carve the poster. You can play with the tutorial and Designer 2.0 in a trial version or use the patterns to make your own projects.