• Forum Spotlights

by Published on 09-01-2011 07:12 AM

It's all done in time to enter into a contest...and I'm thrilled with it. The "Friesian Filleter" is about 7 feet tall (and another 2 feet for the logo in it's hands). It's made with Azek, HDU and some magic sculpt on a wooden and steel armature....after the contest is over, I'm going to try to sell it. I'll do a custom sign for the robot to hold based on the buyer's wishes. I've had an idea like this floating around since a NASA scientist I know started telling me about synovial fluid and robots...Maybe the next one will actually walk..ha!

by Published on 07-14-2011 01:45 PM     Number of Views: 8355 
    Article Preview

From the Billings Gazette article July 1, 2011 by Tom Howard:

Making it in Montana: Creations in Wood offers unique furniture, crafts

Even after a tough day at work, Ross Clark's cares melt away after he steps into his shop and picks up his tools.

"Every time I come in here, I'm OK after 10 or 15 minutes. It's my release," said Clark, owner of Creations in Wood of Montana, a small business that specializes in wooden gifts and furniture.

Clark's love affair with wood began when he was 8 years old. And some day, after he retires from a long career working at PPL Montana's Corette Power Plant, he'll have even more time to devote to his passion.
    Published on 02-07-2011 10:54 AM

With the CarveWright You Really Can
    Think Big!

Don't let the small tabletop design of the CarveWright fool you. It is capable of producing some very large projects when you use the Tiling Technique.

This particular project was carved in three sections and joined together to create a sign that is over 8' tall for the Llandover Community near Seattle Washington.

For more information on how to make these projects using the Tiling Technique, see our ARCHIVED TIPS & TRICKS under the LEARN menu at www.carvewright.com in Issue 22 - July 2009 - My Big Sign - A Personal Account
    by Published on 10-06-2010 10:56 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Promote
    Article Preview

Forum Spotlight - October 6, 2010
    Forum Member - Greg Heppeard

"This is a bedroom suit I completed using Knotty Alder with a dry brush technique, stain & semi-gloss finish."
    by Published on 10-04-2010 09:03 AM  Number of Views: 5404 
    1. Categories:
    2. Promote
    Article Preview

Forum Spotlight - October 4, 2010
    Forum Member - picas

Check out his website, which translates to A Pine Hutch, at
    http://www.lahucheapin.com/intro_en.html

Picas carved a template and then scanned it with the probe before producing on the CarveWright machine.
    Published on 09-13-2010 12:37 PM  Number of Views: 2867 

A picture is worth a thousand words...and we've got lots of pictures!

Kenneth Johnson, also know as DocWheeler on the forum, created these fabulous cabinet doors for his laundry room. Read more about DocWheeler in one of our Customer Spotlights.

See more Customer Projects in the following areas:

MY ALBUMS - Our new Community Forum has a "My Albums" section where customers can post images of their projects. You can also find it by going to FORUM - then COMMUNITY - then MY ALBUM.

IDEAS GALLERY - We also have images of different projects to inspire your creative minds on our website www.carvewright.com under IDEAS.

FORUM GALLERY - this forum thread is dedicated to posts about customer projects. There's also quite a few free patterns in the Pattern Sharing Depo thread - same section.
    Published on 07-22-2010 10:04 AM     Number of Views: 5417 
    1. Categories:
    2. Promote
    Article Preview

July 2010 Minwax Project Showcase Winner-Daniel Blackmon

Congratulations to Daniel Blackmon
    CarveWright owner since February 2006
    Great Job!!