PDA

View Full Version : pattern help

jessrice
01-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone would try to give some depth to this logo. It is my sons school logo, just submitted by one of the students this year. I scanned it in to photoshop cs 2, cleaned it up, and erased the background. It is in a a png format now, and i thin would carve find as a 2d.

I thought maybe one of you that has had more time with the 2.5d-3d stuff could add some more than just the flat cut.

Thanks
Jesse

atauer
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone would try to give some depth to this logo. It is my sons school logo, just submitted by one of the students this year. I scanned it in to photoshop cs 2, cleaned it up, and erased the background. It is in a a png format now, and i thin would carve find as a 2d.

I thought maybe one of you that has had more time with the 2.5d-3d stuff could add some more than just the flat cut.

Thanks
Jesse

Jesse,

Let our friend Ike give it a shot. He is good a making 2.5D patterns. He stopped a little while ago due to possible issues with a few other people, but I heard that he is back in business.

IKE,

Show this user what you can do!

Ike
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello,

Thanks
Jesse

Sorry it took so long, I am a perfectionist! Thanks Alex for the endorsement!

Ike

jessrice
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks Ike,

My designer expired on this computer so I will have to wait till tonight and take a look at them at home.

I have seen your other work so I am sure they will be good when i do get home!

Thanks
Again
Jesse

Ike
01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
You bet Jesse and thank you letters are easy to do.

Ike

jessrice
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
hey ike,

the pattern looks good, my son really likes it. However i am worried about the two fine edges on the outside are going to chip really easy.

Would you mind if i posted another one with just the letters and not outline?

It will take me a day, as I am away from my photoshop 2, but will re upload the file on wednesday

thanks so much

Jesse

Ike
01-13-2009, 12:00 AM
No not at all, but one thing you can do is add more draft and that thickens the edges. I cleaned it up a bit, and made a new ptn and a add draft and height in a mpc.

Ike

jessrice
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks Ike,

I really need to get all my software on one machine!

Here is just a 2 color version that should make the thin ridge not a problem. It also makes the letter area larger allowing more "depth"

thanks again,

Jesse

Ike
01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Ike,

I really need to get all my software on one machine!

Here is just a 2 color version that should make the thin ridge not a problem. It also makes the letter area larger allowing more "depth"

thanks again,

Jesse

Hmm this is the best I can do.

Ike

jessrice
01-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Ike,
those turned out really great. He thinks the first one is perfect for a carving he is designing himself. Thanks for the extra effort. Hope I can return the favor someday to you or someone else on the forum

Jesse

Ike
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Jesse, your thanks is more then enough! I am glad to help. Tell you what help sombody else in need!

Ike

Dan-Woodman
01-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Ike
Would it be possible to clean this up for carving. I was sent this from the president of our local Guild, and there wanting me to carve it . I took it into pattern editor but I don't understand what the different things actually do. They sent it to me as a png, but when I put it on the forum it turned to a jpg. Thanks for all the help in the past and for the paterns. I don't know how to send you the png or even if thats what you need. If I had just a plane and the outside sawblade edge I could add the lettering myself, whatever is easier.
later Daniel

Ike
01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Ike
Would it be possible to clean this up for carving. I was sent this from the president of our local Guild, and there wanting me to carve it . I took it into pattern editor but I don't understand what the different things actually do. They sent it to me as a png, but when I put it on the forum it turned to a jpg. Thanks for all the help in the past and for the paterns. I don't know how to send you the png or even if thats what you need. If I had just a plane and the outside sawblade edge I could add the lettering myself, whatever is easier.
later Daniel

Dan do you have the original gif or j-peg?, sorry I started looking for the pattern and got caught up with the contest. I will see if I can clean up your image you submitted.

Ike

Ike
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Dan, here is your image cleared up, I am still working on the blade and hand plane

Ike

jcorder
01-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Ike!

You are a wizard! I toyed with that pattern and I could not make it look good at all and whooosh, you make it look like that.

I am still in amazement of your talent. Did you do that in Corel?

Jeff

Ike
01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Dan I gave it a try and also included a saw blade and hand plane.

Jeff no big secret.... Gaussian Blur!!!!! And yes in Corel

Ike

jcorder
01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Dan I gave it a try and also included a saw blade and hand plane.

Jeff no big secret.... Gaussian Blur!!!!! And yes in Corel

Ike

thanks! I will give it a trya

Jeff

Dan-Woodman
01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Ike
Thank you sooooooo much . It has always amazed me that woodworkers all over are always willing to help others , no questions asked, and you are a perfect example of that .
Thats also why I joined our local woodworking club here is for sharing.
later Daniel

bjbethke
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Ike
later Daniel
Dan; I have a saw blade pattern, I will include the MPW file so you can change it.

jcorder
01-15-2009, 10:30 PM
thanks! I will give it a trya

Jeff

Ok Ike, I surrender. I have tried for a couple hours and I just can't figure it out. I am off to search the internet for training videos!

Jeff

Ike
01-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Jeff go to www.allcw.com and buy Jon Jantz' tutorials on Corel they really help!

Ike

jcorder
01-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Jeff go to www.allcw.com and buy Jon Jantz' tutorials on Corel they really help!

Ike

LOL I did that the other night, and you are right, they do help, it will just take me some time to get the chance to play with it enough to get comfortable with it. I have only had it a couple weeks, guess I need to practice a bit of patience!

Thanks Ike

Jeff