PDA

View Full Version : Neoclassical Keepsake Box help

RBeau1954
01-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I purchased and am making the Keepsake box. I have the sides done and my machine died so I am waiting for parts so I can finish the top. I have a couple questions about this project. When you open the project you can see alot of layered patterns in it and changing one can change things. What would be nice is if the box were a tad bigger. Right now the inside dimensions are 11.25 x 8.24. If it were a little longer then it would be perfect for storing standard notebook paper. My question is, if I just put the length of the long side a half in. longer will it change everything proportionally. Next, I like the way the base looks with the patterns sitting at the angles they are with the height. If I create my own box, what is the technique to get that effect. I understand how to get the curve in the box but I want to maintain the same height on the curve. I have tried to find out how but can't seem to find it. Thanks for your help and when I am done I will post pics. I made mine out of Walnut and will oil it.

Rick