PDA

View Full Version : Lube instructions

lostinthefrost
01-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Is there a youtube video or any videos or pics on how to lube the flex shaft?

RBeau1954
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Get the recommended lube, Gunk industrial chain lube with Moly, soak the cable as much as you can. I put mine in a small coffee can and spray in the lube and let it soak over night. Wipe off the excess before you put it back in. If you do not wipe off all the excess you will get lube on the QC chuck. That is what I do and I have had great luck with it.

Rick

bjbethke
01-10-2009, 11:28 PM
I have two Flex Shaft cores; I keep my spare in a wide mouth 1/2 pint jar. I use chain oil with molly. When I need to change Flex shaft I wipe it off and let it dry for about one hour so the extra oil will not flow in my Z truck bearings. If you only have one shaft just let it soak over night while you sleep and then reinstall it when you need it.

ChrisAlb
01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
This is the only flex shaft lube you'll ever need.

No fuss, no muss, no soaking and no drip drying.

http://forum.carvewright.com//showpost.php?p=53871&postcount=4

I originally posted this back in May 08. At that point I was lubing the flex shaft about every 40 cut hours. Now I lube it about every 50 hours. It still never gets even warm at 50 hours but I just feel it's a good idea. I still haven't used 50% of the first packet. 10 bucks goes a LONG way with no worries about the shaft.

450 cut hours, still the original Flex.

Kenm810
01-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi Chris,

I made your (Crane Cams Assembly Lube) post
into a .PFD file for a little easier posting
and filing in our .pfd Folders

lostinthefrost
01-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Excellent thanks Ken!! and thanks to all of those who have posted. I have print outs now. It's early sunday morning. Going to first pull the shaft out. I may have fried it last night. Then if time permits I will get into town to get the lube. My wife wants me to hit church with her, so I have to please here there or else no carving for me for a bit.

ChrisAlb
01-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Chris,

I made your (Crane Cams Assembly Lube) post
into a .PFD file for a little easier posting
and filing in our .pfd Folders

Thanks Ken!! I guess I should have thought of that....duh...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

I think I'll send my results to LHR. I truly do believe this is the best product for the flex shaft.

lostinthefrost
01-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Check out these pics. This is all in response to my inspections having never lubed in my first 30 hours (I Know shame on me, beginners issues)

Is it done for? or you think its salvageable?

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AYsmLNk3asnTw