PDA

View Full Version : cravewright question

pcolausmcdad
01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
hi guys, i actully missed ya'll while i was gone to va. beach va.:roll:
that being said...i really like my cw taking a lil time to learn some things..but after a few "set backs" things are getting better.i hope to be able to share two of my projects that went rather well if i do say so myself soon.
question: while doing a address sign board for my brick mail box,the 90 degree bit burnt the wood(poplar) while carving out the numbers and some while doing a 1/2" roundover edge.i know that a dull bit can cause this but it came right outa the case,the board was'nt bound in any way either.
also,the machine stopped while doing the numbers and said check motor.
so i checked and it was'nt hot or loose in the housing i let it sit a few min. and it never came back up so i finished the sign...any ideas o mighty carvewright gods? i know ya'll r there, ya'll have delivered me before:D
thanks again-
jimbo:cool:

Old Salt
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
new 132 update will help you can set depth of cut and their was a glitch with 90 bit with cut line . hope this helps . I had some problems with 90 bit updated know it works ok

jcorder
01-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Hello and welcome back!

As for the bit burning, you need to be sure there is no pitch on the bit at all. I clean mine after every cut, if I don't I will get burn marks.

As for the check cut motor, I was told that can be caused by a couple things, loose rpm sensor in the motor or dirt, but that it is not an issue, just press enter and it will continue with the carve.

Good luck
Jeff