PDA

View Full Version : Error

lon711
01-09-2009, 10:05 PM
when i try to do a project my machine keeps asking for me to load my cutting bit. could it possible be the weather is to cold.

SeaCapt97
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
If your project involves carving AND cutting, I don't quite know why but the machine will ask you to load the cutting bit first. Then it will "home" the cutting bit. The head will center itself again and then ask you to load the carving bit. The machine will then start carving. After carving the machine will ask for the cutting bit again. All cutouts are done after all carving is done. Hope this helps.

Bill

fwharris
01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
when i try to do a project my machine keeps asking for me to load my cutting bit. could it possible be the weather is to cold.

1st define "cold" for the temp in your shop..

Is your "cutting" bit the 1/16" carving or the 1/8" cutting?

Like the Capt. said if your project has both a carving (patterns) and then a cut out, then the normal start up routine, the machine is doing a check on the length of your bits along with measuring the thickness of the board. The last bit checked will be the first bit to be used.

OR is the bit touching or not touching the bit plate? If it isn't it will just keep repeating the install bit sequence.

Ike
01-10-2009, 12:21 AM
I with FW sounds like it is not finding the bit. Lube the bit finder and see if that helps.

Ike

mtylerfl
01-10-2009, 07:28 AM
If your project involves carving AND cutting, I don't quite know why but the machine will ask you to load the cutting bit first. Then it will "home" the cutting bit. The head will center itself again and then ask you to load the carving bit. The machine will then start carving. After carving the machine will ask for the cutting bit again. All cutouts are done after all carving is done. Hope this helps.

Bill

Bill,

If a project has both cutting and carving, the cutting bit will always be prompted for FIRST, because the cutting operation is done LAST.

A few things come to mind to check for his problem are...

- the bit plate "flipper" not fully extending (clean and lubricate it),

- the machine head pressure is off (test with a bathroom scale then lubricate posts if necessary)

- head is uneven (measure and adjust posts if necessary)

- shop temp must be 60° or above

lon711
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
thanks for all the help I just think it needed a good cleaning I'm up and running. I also did a good lube job on the whole machine. sometime old age get to my mind and I over look thing lile that. get in too big of a hurry. thanks again guys you all are super in book.