PDA

View Full Version : Cut motor keeps running

RBeau1954
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I have searched all the threads and can't find this one. I am doing a board that requires carves on both sides, the cut motor does not stop when it asked to flip board. When you flip the board it goes through all the test checking board size and bit depth but does it with the motor running. It carves ok but it also asked to install bit but keeps running. It will stop when you open the door. This is my first time with a carve on both sides. It is the Neoclassical keepsake box that I purchased.

Rick

Digitalwoodshop
01-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Most likely the C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board under the machine is broken due to vibration.

AL

RBeau1954
01-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Bingo, I took the bottom off and that is exactly the problem, great call. Now what do I do. It broke off right at the capacitor and probably not able to get it soldered. Any suggestions other then a new part?

Rick

Digitalwoodshop
01-09-2009, 09:02 PM
I soldered my first one but it was so short it broke a second time. Ended up ordering a board from LHR. That one broke within a few days too..... The next one was dead out of the package. They offered to replace the one that was dead but I never sent it it....

I think $65.00 or close to it. X Termination Board.

I ordered some replacement cap's but my buddy in San Diego at Willy's Electronics dropped the ball.... Never sent them and I never followed up.....

Save the old one, the cap should be less and a dollar.....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-22-2009, 11:56 PM
SharonB look here.

AL

SharonB
03-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Al...you have a very nice website. Very nice pictures and easy to get around the site. I can see that you've put some long, long hours into your projects. Thanks for the link. SharonB

www.go3d.us
03-23-2009, 02:15 AM
You can add some wire to extend the length of the C1 legs or glue it up to the board with glue gun if I could get it to solder back and probably add some extra rubber washer where the screw are to help absorb the vibration.
In case the capacitor is broken, Radioshack store might have it available.

HT