PDA

View Full Version : Clear Board Sensor message

april5293
01-08-2009, 09:29 PM
When loading my board I keep getting the "clear board sensor" message. I have cleaned it but to no avail.
I have gone through the troubleshooting steps, but when I do the check sensor I get the message " Cover switch: closed" can anyone explain this to me?
Thanks
April

AskBud
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
When loading my board I keep getting the "clear board sensor" message. I have cleaned it but to no avail.
I have gone through the troubleshooting steps, but when I do the check sensor I get the message " Cover switch: closed" can anyone explain this to me?
Thanks
April
When you use the option to check sensor, there are a series of readings. Just press the up/down arrow(s) to see each one.
Here is a link to several on Board Sensor:
http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=496753
AskBud

pkunk
01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
"check sensor" has many functions. Scroll down on the keypad 'till you get to the board sensor. I suspect that a good burst of compressed air will solve your problem.

april5293
01-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks very much for your reply. I will give the compressed air a try. The machine has been idle for about 10 months so maybe some dust has taken up residence in the sensor.
Greatly appreciate the support and fast response.
April

april5293
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
If I have to have the probe for the pattern editor to work, why are they selling the pattern editor without the probe?
April

Jeff_Birt
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
You do 'have' to have the probe for the pattern editor to work. When you purchase the Pattern Editor you get a code to unlock it, exactly the same as when you purchase the probe.

Think of it this way: The 'probe' is a package deal, you get the probe and Pattern Editor as you cannot use the probe without Pattern Editor. If you don't have use for a probe you can just purchase Pattern Editor.