PDA

View Full Version : All I can say is WOW!

Woodnutt
01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I was a bit sceptical about buying the CW but have to say after just a couple of hours and 3 practice jobs I have to say I am happy so far. Don't flame me hear but, I bought the Sears reconditioned CC and expect to have to work some bugs out. It came with a note that LHR had gone over it thoroughly and seems to be working just fine. I plan on maintaining it myself with 20 yrs experience as an electronic equipment tech I think I can handle it.

Just wanted to give some praise to LHR for their affordable and basically easy to use product. For newbies I say don't rely on the manual to learn about the machine. Get on the forum here and the many other resources and learn as much as you can about use and maintenance and you will be happy!

James

Hexe SA
01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
to the carve addicts of CW & CCW. Hope to see some posts with pics soon.
Eva

mtylerfl
01-08-2009, 03:41 PM
...Just wanted to give some praise to LHR for their affordable and basically easy to use product. For newbies I say don't rely on the manual to learn about the machine. Get on the forum here and the many other resources and learn as much as you can about use and maintenance and you will be happy!

James

Hello James,

Good for you! I certainly agree that the machine is easy to use.

I am often befuddled and somewhat puzzled when I have read a few posts in the past that propose that there is some kind of a "high learning curve", etc. etc. - I honestly don't think so! It's really a well-designed system - mostly simple and direct. Certainly, there is a learning process, but it's not difficult at all.

You're right about reading the forum - it can be very helpful for us all (newbie or not). I recall when I was first starting out, I was confused about the 7" addition of board length and posted here for clarification. I believe it was Paul (pkunk) that gave me the info I needed almost right away and got me straightened out! (Later, I realized the answer was in the Owner's Manual all along - complete with a couple line drawings to boot!)

As long as a person knows how to run a computer (confidently), if the directions are followed for using the machine, and a little common sense is thrown in, a person can easily be producing trouble-free output within a day or two! Thanks for your post!

BBrooks
01-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I am a recent CW owner too James and with 50 hours under my belt in 7 weeks I cannot agree with you more. I read this forum thoughroughly, asked a few questions of folks and am a proud and happy carve addict uh...owner. :) Welcome aboard.

jeanbreckman
01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
same here. all i can say is WOW!

Kenm810
01-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey Jean,

Welcome to the CW Forum,
You have tons of reading ahead of you
to lean about these Carving Machines,
and the is one of the Best places to start!

www.go3d.us
01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Good to hear!

Woodnutt
01-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Welcome Jean,

Definately read all you can you will need it to maintain the CW and keep it running smoothly. I have had a few issues but have been able to take care of all of them from info found on the forum from these great and knowledgable folks. Also make the dust collector that is under this section as well it helps greatly.

James