PDA

View Full Version : Crank assembly

RickD1955
01-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey folks. I hope someone can help me. I am still having problems reassembling my crank head assembly. I am obviously doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me if the crank lever shaft has to be screwed all the way in before the crank handle assembly is intalled and the handle screw is tightened down. Everytime I get everything back together nothing turns properly.

TWOATLOW8
01-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I got the head to move up and down, but when it hits the piece of wood there is suppose to be a slip guage ? i can keep cranking on it and it never seams to slip....theres alot of pressure on the piece of wood..

any help...??

RickD1955
01-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I took the whole thing apart and now when I try to reassemble it the clutch wont work and when I turn the crank in the up direction the whole lever shaft bottoms out and seems to prevent it from turning and when I turn it in the down direction the handle assembly screw backs out.

TWOATLOW8
01-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Did you figure it out ?

I wont have time during the week to fix but maybe this weekend....
my machine has been running almost all week with projects, so as soon as it slows down i may have time to start looking....

b.sumner47
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
When you put it back togeather look in the hole.you will see a washer with a oblong hole , make sure it fits on the shaft properly.I can't call up my parts list to tell you the part # or name.Good luck,Capt.Barry

HelpBot3000
01-09-2009, 09:26 AM
A good way to know if you have it on there properly is to first seat the handle into the into the clutch on the side of the machine. Then, press slightly inwards toward the machine and rotate the handle clockwise until you feel it seat a second time. Once you feel that, hold the handle in place and screw it in with the other hand. This is where having an electric screwdriver with a magnetic tip could come in REALLY handy. Hope that works for ya!