PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.132

swhitney
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
New version available. downloading as I type this ... hopefully fixes "sailboat" thing

edit....

new stuff & fixes:
* Added ability to register subscriptions through the Designer
* Added "Scale to fit board" checkbox to allow original size to be kept
* Added "Download Scan" option in the Flash Manager
* Added metric support in firmware
* Added new "Optimal" quality for higher quality rasters
* Added user calibration options for X measurements
* Changed tabbed view to be the default view when multiple files are open
* Improved raster generation to improve carving quality and performance
* Improved behavior of the "Rotate Tweak" tool
* Improved "Manage Licenses" dialog to differentiate types of licenses
* Fixed improper "Board Too Thick Too Cut Through" error
* Fixed "Exception Stack Fault" error
* Fixed occasional crash when clicking off the board
* Fixed Pattern Editor to allow scans to be saved without editing

For those with the Project Subscription - IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fwharris
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Whitney,

thanks!!

ruggybear
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Where is the link? All I found was download trial software.

swhitney
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
I updated from the help file within Designer... but you can get there here also

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_132.exe

ruggybear
01-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Whitney,

Thanks

Ken

pkunk
01-07-2009, 10:26 PM
For you Mac users, hold off on the update for a bit. I just tried 3 times and got gobblygook which froze my Firefox. I'll post back if I get it ironed out.:)

Tom75
01-08-2009, 07:17 AM
let all of us know howe the updat works in desiner and during carving ?

pkunk
01-08-2009, 09:02 AM
OK, I got it using Safari and all is well. Must have been something going on on my end.:confused:

atauer
01-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Pkunk,

We have a Mac here. I'll load Firefox on it and try it out.

Lin
01-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Waiting to find out if this update has any issues before I run it. I run more than one designer on my puter so I can use the other versions as needed to edit older PTNS and such. This new version out states right from the onset when you go to install that it is going to update designer. The other versions did not state this o install. I'm not quite sure what that means...I generally put the new one in a separate file to run until I know there are no issues with it and I still plan to keep the others running until I no longer have any use for them. The pattern editor in 1.131 was screwed up as far as the use of certian tools so I used 1.126 pattern editor all the time. What I need to know from someone is if I can run this one and not have it over write 1.131 as long as I change the name of the file on 1.131 before I run the new one? As I feel I will need 1.131 for all the newer PTNS and my Project Sub...except for the sailboat until this new version is proved out...
Lin

PS. I was able to install the new one and still keep 1.131 by changing the file name on 1.131 and I of course saved my MPN file to another folder also...just in case. Both designers are now running on my puter without issue and I now can open the Sailboat Monthy Project in 1.132 just fine. Curious....Will I have to update my firmware to run the sailboat project???

MikeMcCoy
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Lin
I just made a copy of 1.131 and renamed it then downloaded 1.132. It upgraded the original 1.131 directory but I can still execute 1.131 from the renamed directory. I've done that with all the upgrades and have access to all the versions I've used.

Ike
01-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Does anybody have a link for 1.131?

Ike

swhitney
01-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Ike -

Try this, it might work for you.....but 1.132 is cool!!

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_131.exe

Ike
01-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Ike -

Try this, it might work for you.....but 1.132 is cool!!

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_131.exe

Thank I appreciate the link.

I must be missing something, haven't seen the advantage. Not cool working a pattern in pattern editor and it crashes it is not cool. Yes I removed more patterns from the library and reset my designer to admin. mode.

I don't own the sail boat project and from what I have read the update was made for it? What are the other advantages?

Ike

Dang it won't let me go back to 1.131 UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Massingale
01-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Where the heck is the 'scale to fit board' and Optimal stuff? I've looked for an hour in Designer.
Thanks

atauer
01-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Optimal is a new quality setting. Scale to fit board is an option in the pattern library.

both items are available in 1.132.

You are running 1.132 right?

pine acres woodshop
01-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Where the heck is the 'scale to fit board' and Optimal stuff? I've looked for an hour in Designer.
Thanks

Scale to fit is located on the bottom right hand side when you open up your pattern library it a little check box so it scales your pattern to fit your board. Optimal is located when you load a project to the memory card it is included with the carving options, draft, normal, best, and optimal. I loaded a small carving on the card in best mode it takes 15 min., in optimal it takes 56 min. wow it better be good . I haven't tried the carving yet waiting for new board sensor.
Mark

pine acres woodshop
01-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Who can type the fastest ?

Atauer

atauer
01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Who can type the fastest ?

Atauer

I didn't include as much detail as you did. :)

pine acres woodshop
01-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I started 10 min. ago.

atauer
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes,

Optimal does take a bit longer. However, it gives create detail and a low amount of cleanup.

I carved an angel in a 12 x 5 piece of yellow pine. It took about two hours on the optimal quality setting. I did not have to sand it when it was done and I wasn't staying under rollers.

I wonder what would have happened if Chris tried to run that mirror project he carved for me on optimal? It would probably take days!

atauer
01-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Check out what Lin found!

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=9930

pine acres woodshop
01-08-2009, 03:05 PM
You might get it by next christmas. I can't wait to try the optimal setting, the small carving is for the overlay on the headstock of my guitars, in best mode I still had alot of hand work to get them just right.
Mark

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Just downloaded 1.132, opened an old project - the screen's freakin'

when the project is not in close, it's shaded, you can't see detail at all. When it's in close, and when rotating the project, I've got ridges. What's up?

atauer
01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
CNS,

Can you post the project file?

Jeff_Birt
01-08-2009, 03:37 PM
CNS, make sure you have updated your video driver. Also look in the options under the video settings. Try turning off HW acceleration and see if that helps.

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Jeff, you were right on.

I believe I turned off the acceleration when I updated to 1.131, it must have defaulted to auto when I upgraded.

You da' man.

**Edit**

Seems I lied - I played with the perspective level - going from lowest to highest made the diff.

Tom75
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
hay alex hows the mirro look ? can you post a pic ? did you wife like it ? have a good day

Jeff_Birt
01-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I believe I turned off the acceleration when I updated to 1.131, it must have defaulted to auto when I upgraded.

You da' man.

**Edit**

Seems I lied - I played with the perspective level - going from lowest to highest made the diff.

So you left HW acceleration on and increased perspective level to fix the display?

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes, Jeff, that's right. I also took my rendering cache to 128mb, don't know if that makes a diff.

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 04:04 PM
When you use the new extract pattern tool, Designer asks for a category name, and defaults to the name of the mpc. Where do the patterns go? I tried to extract the patterns again, Designer informed me that the cat. already exists, but I can't find it in my Favorites.

So, tell me just how dense I am.

atauer
01-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I got it to work. It saves it in the "Favorites" list under the appropriate category name. I got it to work on one project, but it didn't work with the Nine Man Morris project that Askbud posted.

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Alex, if you can't figure it out, how do you expect us MEMBERS (check out my signature) to figure it out???

atauer
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I think the reason it didn't work with Askbud's project is due to his project being nothing but drill holes and line segments.

atauer
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
and I only use the software. I don't design it. :)

HelpBot3000
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Alex, if you can't figure it out, how do you expect us MEMBERS (check out my signature) to figure it out???

Congrats Jerry! My status changed too but that had a little bit to do with Alex tinkering. :)

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
It saves it in the "Favorites" list under the appropriate category name.

It ain't there, dude.

atauer
01-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Congrats Jerry! My status changed too but that had a little bit to do with Alex tinkering. :)

I wasn't tinkering!

I was transmogrifying a couple things!

Tom75
01-08-2009, 04:20 PM
you guys are to funny

cnsranch
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Wait, Wait - I found the patterns - woohoo!!

For some reason, the new categories are being placed in a sub-category of Favorites - why that is, I don't know.

I can fix that with the CCW Pattern Organizer until one of you geniuses can figure out wassup :p

atauer
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
CNS,

It is supposed to place them in a subcategory in "Favorites". I thought that maybe it would create a completely new category, but it doesn't. It goes sub-cat.

MikeMcCoy
01-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I think I'm warped. I went back through this whole thread and found myself smiling the whole time.

geekviking
01-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Me too.... :cool:

Ken Massingale
01-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Scale to fit is located on the bottom right hand side when you open up your pattern library it a little check box so it scales your pattern to fit your board. Optimal is located when you load a project to the memory card it is included with the carving options, draft, normal, best, and optimal. I loaded a small carving on the card in best mode it takes 15 min., in optimal it takes 56 min. wow it better be good . I haven't tried the carving yet waiting for new board sensor.
Mark

Optimal is a new quality setting. Scale to fit board is an option in the pattern library.

both items are available in 1.132.

You are running 1.132 right?

Thanks guys, I should have had LOML look, she says I can't find anything!:rolleyes:

Ken Massingale
01-09-2009, 06:57 AM
I think I'm warped. I went back through this whole thread and found myself smiling the whole time.
I best not comment on that. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gifhttp://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gifhttp://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gifhttp://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

cnsranch
01-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think I'm losing my mind (at least, not today), but I was using twehr's Pattern Organizer to get my patterns straight, and kept getting an error message. Looks like Tim's left us, so I couldn't find a patch to fix the software's error.

So, messing around with 1.132, I found that we now have the ability to drag and drop our patterns into whatever category we want right in Designer!!

This is where my mind may be fading - we didn't have that ability until now, right?

Click the + sign next to the category you want to put your pattern into, grab the pattern you want in there, drag it in, and there you go!

atauer
01-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I believe that it has been set up that way before. I'll test it when I get home. I still have 1.123 loaded on my laptop at home. Haven't updated it, yet!

HelpBot3000
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I believe that it has been set up that way before. I'll test it when I get home. I still have 1.123 loaded on my laptop at home. Haven't updated it, yet!

slacker, j/k :)

atauer
01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Nope.

Just been procrastinating.

You know, us procrastinators are gonna unite....someday.

HelpBot3000
01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Nope.

Just been procrastinating.

You know, us procrastinators are gonna unite....someday.

Yeah, I've been meaning to do something about that. See what had happened was... :Dlol

atauer
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I've been meaning to do something about that. See what had happened was... :Dlol

Like I said...

fwharris
01-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't think I'm losing my mind (at least, not today), but I was using twehr's Pattern Organizer to get my patterns straight, and kept getting an error message. Looks like Tim's left us, so I couldn't find a patch to fix the software's error.

So, messing around with 1.132, I found that we now have the ability to drag and drop our patterns into whatever category we want right in Designer!!

This is where my mind may be fading - we didn't have that ability until now, right?

Click the + sign next to the category you want to put your pattern into, grab the pattern you want in there, drag it in, and there you go!

cns,

The drag and drop has always been there.

cnsranch
01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
CNS,

It is supposed to place them in a subcategory in "Favorites". I thought that maybe it would create a completely new category, but it doesn't. It goes sub-cat.

Is there a way to know where the new pattern is going to end up? One time, the newly created folder is within My "Holiday" folder, the next, it's in my "litho" folder, the next it's in my "Animals" folder.

I have to open each folder within "Favorites" to find where Designer placed the newly created item.

HighTechOkie
01-09-2009, 03:19 PM
How are your categories setup?
Option 1:
-Favorites
---Holiday
---litho
---Animals
-Basic

or
Option 2:
-Favorites
-Holiday
-litho
-Animals
-Basic

Rob

cnsranch
01-09-2009, 03:27 PM
- Favorites
+ Holidays
+ Lithos
+ Animals
+ Etc.
- Basic
+ Animate Objects
+ C Filigrees
+ Etc.

The new Category ends up within one of the subs in Favorites, and I have to click on each one to open them to find where it went.

HighTechOkie
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I noticed that when zooming in or out using the mouse scroll wheel, it now uses the mouse cursor position rather than the center of workspace...much appreciated.

I do have a project that shows a smear below the pattern. I've tried turning HW acceleration ON (Perspective Low and High), HW off (Perspective Low and HIgh) and nothing changes. This only happens with 1.132. I would post the .mpc but it has a commercial pattern in it.

Rob

HighTechOkie
01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
CNS,
Just wanted to make sure you didn't have multiple "Favories" renamed or something. I tried highlighting different sub categories when trying to make a pattern, but the new sub cat always ended up right below Favorites. Not sure what your malfunction is, but I'm not able to reproduce it.

I bet its a problem between the keyboard and chair. :D

Rob

ChrisAlb
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Ok...LOL...how did I miss this? Where's the link to download the "Full" version of 1.132?

I must be getting old or something as I can't find it....:confused:

atauer
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
CNS,
Just wanted to make sure you didn't have multiple "Favories" renamed or something. I tried highlighting different sub categories when trying to make a pattern, but the new sub cat always ended up right below Favorites. Not sure what your malfunction is, but I'm not able to reproduce it.

I bet its a problem between the keyboard and chair. :D

Rob

A PEBKAC?

lol

ChrisAlb
01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Never mind...LOL...found it. DUH Chris...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

Lin
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM
The Extract patterns works for me the same as Rob. It names it the same as the file but it does pull all the patterns on the board...to include text. See screen shot.
Lin

ChrisAlb
01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
WOW!! An "Extract Patterns" button.....COOL!!! I'll have to get this installed right away.

Way to go LHR!!! Getting better all the time!!http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

This is "almost" too much fun!! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

cnsranch
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Weird, huh?

Here's a screenshot of where the airplane "patterns" ended up...

cnsranch
01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
WOW!! An "Extract Patterns" button.....COOL!!! I'll have to get this installed right away.

Way to go LHR!!! Getting better all the time!!http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

This is "almost" too much fun!! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Stay in step, now :o

Amonaug
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Just did a comparative test of best vs optimal using the simple star pattern that comes with the CW and a 3 3/8" size for the pattern. Carve time for best was 35 minutes, optimal was 46 minutes.

Quality looks the same. Difference in carves seems to be the optimal setting takes smaller passes in the X direction (1/64 " ?). It may help with patterns that have small delicate details but for simple patterns it just adds time. I got the same fuzziness, etc on both carves and they are from the same board.

pkunk
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Having played just a little with 'extract patterns', I'm not overly impressed. You can not get just one element, which would make it useful.
The 'scale to fit board' function doesn't do anything. :confused:

ChrisAlb
01-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I have to agree Paul. A step in a nice direction but needs some work for sure.

I see no need for it to create a new "category" from them either. We should be able to just add an individual pattern to an already existing folder.

blantz
01-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Having played just a little with 'extract patterns', I'm not overly impressed. You can not get just one element, which would make it useful.
The 'scale to fit board' function doesn't do anything. :confused:

pkunk,

You can use the hide feature to hide the items you don't want to extract.

AWoodsmith
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I cannot get my patters to drag and drop, now I feel dumb again.

geekviking
01-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Try unchecking the "Center" (vertically & horizontally) icons, usually does it for me :)

AWoodsmith
01-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Try unchecking the "Center" (vertically & horizontally) icons, usually does it for me :)

See I am so out there I did not even explain correctly, it sounded different in my head. What I mean is How do I get my patterns to drag and drop into my favorites? I have like 4 or 5 different favorites and my pattern area is a mess.

RanUtah
01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Heck, I'm just learning 1.131. Whats this about a pattern organizer?