PDA

View Full Version : How do you take out the Quick Change?

jonm3
01-07-2009, 08:14 AM
How do you take out the quick change? Is there a PDF on it? I will have my new quick change part either the end of the week or next week. Then once it is changed out, I will be up and running making beautiful things. Thanks to CarveWright customer support and CarveWright message boards has helped me find the part I needed.
Thanks Everyone.

jonm3
01-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Hold the comments, I had a how to on PDF on my laptop that I downloaded earlier.

rjustice
01-07-2009, 08:30 PM
If you need QC tools, and detailed instructions, just drop me an email requesting info...

Happy carving

Ron

oldfogey
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I am also having problems getting the QC loose. Proper tools and heat do not do the trick. It appears seized but I can understand this as my machine has evidently had some high intensity use. It is a Sears rehab I bought before Christmas and it has given me some pleasureable projects and fine carvings but had problems from the start.

I will be ordering a new unit this week from LittleRedWoodShop. In the meantime and thereafter I will be learning the mechanics and electricals through doing a major overhaul on my current unit. I have already discoverd major flaws and problems like a beatup QC, a torn loose flex cable, missing screws, and who knows?

If anyone can help me with the best way to remove the trucks and rework the spindle I would sure appreciate it. I have already discovered that removing the bearing assemblies is a bear. The screws won't budge. Can the spindle be pressed out? Would a complete new Y truck be the answer? I know I am going beyond normal user maintenance but that's just the way I am and I have difficulty when I hear things can't be done or shouldn't be done. Please bear with me. We will probably have a long term relationship going here.

I have the assembly/parts pdf and all the other downloadable goodies I can find. Any further suggestions on how to get mechanical and electrical repair and replacement procedures will be welcomed and passed on. Thanks, Jerry Firman (oldfogey)