PDA

View Full Version : Opps!

RickD1955
01-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys I need some help. The handle that lowers the head on my machine broke and I have been using pliers to lower it. I finally decided to fix it and didnt realise the screw that holds the bracket is attached straight to the gear assembly. I am having a difficult time reassembling it. I cant seem to get everything lined back up right and thought maybe one of you could help.

Kenm810
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
If a photo will help, heres one
form page 9 of the Parts Manual
Exploded view parts list (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/parts_list_manual.pdf)

RickD1955
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the exploded view . I cant seem to get everything lined back up so that the screw that holds the gear assembly in the proper position. Maybe there is a trick to it or Im not understanding something.

TerryT
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Push in on the new handle while turning it. When it lines up with the flat on the shaft it should go all the way back. Then you can secure the screw.

RickD1955
01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
2 pieces have flat sides. One is a washer and its brutal to keep them lined up because of the spring.

Reset
01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
2 pieces have flat sides. One is a washer and its brutal to keep them lined up because of the spring.

Put everything in it's place and just start the screw. Slowly rotate (crank) the handle as you tighten the screw. Once the handle seats itself (you will feel it seat), tighten the screw the rest of the way.

Worked for me ;)

Tommy :)

RickD1955
01-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I am frustrated and have decided to sleep on it. I thank you all who have helped. I made some progress but now the gears arent working properly.

WayneNero
05-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Hello,

I have broke the washer that turns the gear inside the handle. The washer has tabs that set inside the gear that cranks the head up and down. I have snapped it in 3, yikes!

Does anyone know the part number and where to order it?

Thanks,

Wayne Nero

PCW
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
You can find the part at the link below.

Sears
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=133217540&productCategoryId=0716000&brandId=0247&brandDescription=CRAFTSMAN&modelName=COMPUCARVE&diagramPageId=00009&componentDescription=SIDE%20PANEL&documentId=50032312&blt=06

liquidguitars
05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Hello,

I have broke the washer that turns the gear inside the handle. The washer has tabs that set inside the gear that cranks the head up and down. I have snapped it in 3, yikes!

Does anyone know the part number and where to order it?

Thanks,

Wayne Nero

Sears part list in messed up on this one. I been wanting to replace mine for 6 months, looks like i have to buy the top assembly@ 36.49 to fix a $4.00 washer.

right now i just using a old cuck and screw it buy hand. :roll: let me know if you find the right part. I sent a email to LHR asking why it called a stabilizer but never got a response as LHR will not help you about Sears parts list and will not back you up if you order form them. However Sears will send you the parts and are helpfull if the parts in stock.

WayneNero
05-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I am on the phone with Sears Canada, they are completely confused?

I have the part numbers, I can see the USA page can't use it!

A top assembly sound EXPENSIVE!!

What gives??

Wayne

liquidguitars
05-16-2010, 02:18 PM
why it called a stabilizer is beyond me i not ever sure that the top assembly is what you get for 34.00 bucks it should be a $4.00 washer. I could use one yesterday.

For the USA guys it just better to call LHR in this case. let us know what you find out but i ran out of options.

LG

WayneNero
05-16-2010, 02:35 PM
I have emailed LHR hardware for the parts, i will let ya know how that turns out. I can't believe how unhelpful customer care is, crazy!

Thanks

Wayne

liquidguitars
05-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I have emailed LHR hardware for the parts, i will let ya know how that turns out. I can't believe how unhelpful customer care is, crazy!

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne, LHR sale dept are helpful, smart and one their game. LHR will not address any sears part issues regardless.

WayneNero
05-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi Wayne, LHR sale dept are helpful, smart and one their game. LHR will not address any sears part issues regardless.

As long as they can get me parts, sears is dead to me...lol

Thanks

Wayne Nero

liquidguitars
05-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I do not realy blame Sears. I ordered CW parts from them with success. this washer is a odd one..

Anyone else ordered the washer or assembly?

LG

WayneNero
05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I do not realy blame Sears. I ordered CW parts from them with success. this washer is a odd one..

Anyone else ordered the washer or assembly?

LG

Its a bummer that I can't get a simple part from Sears Canada. To me having an online part source that will not ship to Canada is a waste of technology.

I don't hate Sears, just right now I do... :)

-W

WayneNero
05-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I got all the right part numbers and prices then at the end of my email I get we only ship to USA.

Here was my reply:

Just wondering why you have a Canadian presents if I can't get parts?

ANSWER:

We are sorry that you are having difficulty ordering our products in Canada. We are aware that a problem exists and we are working diligently to resolve the current issues. However, due to inventory constraints due to increasing demand and unforeseen distribution challenges, this may take some time. We expect to have the problems resolved within the next 30 days. Again, we apologize for the wait in ordering our products and appreciate your patience.

Carvewright Hardware Support Team 2010

-W

lawrence
05-22-2010, 10:17 AM
If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you my address here so you can get the parts out of LHR's hands. I'll then post the parts on to you however you'd like. This seems a silly problem that would be easy for the company to fix, but perhaps there is a legal/tax reason they are working out. In the meantime I'd be glad to help though it means you are paying for shipping twice.

Lawrence

WayneNero
06-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Hello all,

First off thanks for the offers to have parts shipped to members in the USA, good form!

I opened an account with shipito.com and had my order delivered to a CA address. It is now on the way here to Canada.

The part for the broken washer is the entire top assembly, the box is HUGE!

Anyway thanks for all the help.

-W