PDA

View Full Version : "new" compucarve on ebay?

vthowe
01-05-2009, 09:07 AM
If this is really new, wouldn't the first registration give you the standard warranty or no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350138445809&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Thanks!

atauer
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Any machine sold on Ebay contains no warranty. This is a scam to get you to buy the machine. Its probably not new.

Deolman
01-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I would be very concerned buying from Ebay. This specific one really "sounds too good to be true." I would search for and ultimately purchase a new unit from a reputable dealer. The warranty on it would give you the opportunity to shake out all of the gremlins. I think in the long run you would be a much happier owner. Personally, I would get a hold of Jason at the Little RedWoodShop. (Search for him on the forum.)

atauer
01-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I have also seen one on there from a place called sellgadget.com.

The site is based out of Indonesia and we don't sell machines over there, so it is more than likely a scam.

Do as deolman and buy a new machine from a reputable dealer or straight from our website. Not only do you get the full warranty, you also get the satisfaction of knowing exactly where your machine came from.

Digitalwoodshop
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Look at the seller's other stuff. All returned stuff to a Sears Store "most likely"....

You could email the seller and ask for the serial number and let Jason see if it was registered.

If the seller tells you the serial number is missing it is still in the computer.

AL