PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question.

SevenCubed
01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey. Sorry if this is obvious/answered elsewhere, but it's kinda tough to search for posts about it. The scanning probe... After I've completed a scan, can I export a bitmap? I've watched a demonstration, and I saw how you can see the grayscale image of what has just been scanned. I know you can import your scans into designer and work on them, but I was wondering whether you can scan something and have the program spit out a .bmp or .gif or something of the scan.

I wish there was more comprehensive documentation available! 300 bones is a lot to drop on something if I'm not able to know everything about it (well, I can ask whatever I want on forums, I suppose, but I don't wanna go asking questions if there are docs I can read). =)

Jeff_Birt
01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Take a look at the back issues of Tips&Tricks. There are two whole issues dedicated to the Pattern Editor software...

ChrisAlb
01-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes, once you download the scan into Pattern Editor, just pick File/Export to image. This will save it as a PNG which most graphics apps can handle.

AskBud
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
See if this helps!
After you save your scan, go to the pattern, bring it up in Editor, and Save-as PNG To your Picture Folder. My PC will display it just like all me other Pics.
AskBud