PDA

View Full Version : New Carving! "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight"

SevenCubed
01-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Fan-art for Fallout 3, a wonderful game which I have played entirely too much. I made several editions of this piece, but the one pictured here was sent down to the developers. Hopefully it will return with autographs!

I cut 'em out of Red Oak and Poplar, although the Poplar turned out kinda garbage (The stain and paint were very bleedy, and the carve was a bit fuzzier). The planks were about a foot long by 8 inches or so tall.

My awesome wife did the paint/stain/finish.

Kenm810
01-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice job, and the finish work is Terrific!!

DocWheeler
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Seven cubed,

Looks great, I really like the chiseled look

STEAM
01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I am always interested in the game related pieces you do. They turn out very nice. I ordered F3 and expect to receive it Tuesday. Looking forward to playing it.

CraigBrownDesigns
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Doc's right about the chiseled part. Looks like if you sprayed it with faux stone you'd pass it off as the real thing! Looks great!

SevenCubed
01-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for all the kind words! I've got another videogame themed carving done that I jus' need to seal and document... I'm behind on publishing all my carvings!

As for th' stone, it came out as well as it did because I used a needlessly complicated process to actually use the geometry and texture from the game itself as well as I could. I doubt anyone will recognize it, but the grating on the floor and the stone surrounding the vault door all reflect the exact geometry and patterns that were used in the game. It was a fun project. =)