PDA

View Full Version : "y axis error 238"

tutor
01-04-2009, 01:48 PM
What does that mean?

DocWheeler
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Here is a thread that might help.

Here. (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=9038&highlight=error+238)

Digitalwoodshop
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I looked at that thread and there is a bunch of good info in it.

Your board might have tipped up because of the 7 inch rule being too short and only held by one roller.

Your bit could have come loose in the bit holder, tripping the bit while it was moving left to right or right to left the Y Direction. All new bits should have the set screws removed and installed with blue lock tite.

Dirty Y rails can cause this too.

That should get you started.

Remember you will find most problems already posted here and use the search with " " and you will find most problems.

Also read the tips and tricks too, lots of pilot error help in there. We were all new once..... Been there done that....

Welcome and Good Luck,

AL

Rocky
01-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I had the exact same error about a month ago. The cause was a jam in the z-truck caused by 2 screws that came loose (I couldn't move the z-truck up or down). These 2 screws are the ones that secure the z-truck belt to the z-truck. My fix was to loosen the 2 right side bearings so that I could remove the z-truck and gain access to the belt and tighten the screws. An easy fix. At the time my machine only had about 25 hours, so it's my opinion that the screws were not properly secured when the machine was built.

tutor
01-05-2009, 08:31 AM
I had the exact same error about a month ago. The cause was a jam in the z-truck caused by 2 screws that came loose (I couldn't move the z-truck up or down). These 2 screws are the ones that secure the z-truck belt to the z-truck. My fix was to loosen the 2 right side bearings so that I could remove the z-truck and gain access to the belt and tighten the screws. An easy fix. At the time my machine only had about 25 hours, so it's my opinion that the screws were not properly secured when the machine was built.

Mine will move up and down ok but is stuck on the keypad side and don't seem to be able to manual move it.

liquidguitars
01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Mine will move up and down ok but is stuck on the keypad side and don't seem to be able to manual move it.

thats it, turn the power off and clean it free.

LG