PDA

View Full Version : Help File For Pattern Editor

BlueRocco
01-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Hello All - New here, I've only posted once before. I am looking for the help file for my Pattern editor. I'm not sure what all it does yet. I usually read the manuel for any program I use before trying it out, but I'm stumped here. All I've been able to do is trial and error.... mostly error. I just don't know what all the buttons are supposed to do, so all I can do it pick on them and see what happens. A lot of time nothing happens. Also I'm an AutoCAD user so I have some assumed ideas about what should happen, and we all know how good that works.

Thanks,
Micheal

mtylerfl
01-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello All - New here, I've only posted once before. I am looking for the help file for my Pattern editor. I'm not sure what all it does yet. I usually read the manuel for any program I use before trying it out, but I'm stumped here. All I've been able to do is trial and error.... mostly error. I just don't know what all the buttons are supposed to do, so all I can do it pick on them and see what happens. A lot of time nothing happens. Also I'm an AutoCAD user so I have some assumed ideas about what should happen, and we all know how good that works.

Thanks,
Micheal

Hello Michael and Welcome,

There is no Help File for the Pattern Editor - yet. However, I did write a Tips & Tricks that covers most of the PE functions. It is issue #10, July 2008, "The CarveWright Pattern Editor". NOTE: some functionality described in the article was inadvertently changed during the last software update (ver. 1.131) but I understand that the original functionality will be corrected/restored in the next software update.

Please read all of the Tips & Tricks issues. Particularly the Dec '07 and Jan '08 issues. Those two will help you avoid common "newbie" mistakes and you'll learn how to properly maintain your machine.

Download any/all of the issues at:
http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html

or by clicking the link below my signature...

BlueRocco
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the link ... looks like a lot of videos.

Micheal

mtylerfl
01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the link ... looks like a lot of videos.

Micheal

You're welcome for the link! The Tips & Tricks are in the pdf file format - not videos. There is a true video of the Scanning Probe in action that you might enjoy, and there are several "screen captioned videos" made by CarveWright (no audio) that cover basic techniques for the Designer software.