PDA

View Full Version : Front and or back roller

www.go3d.us
01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I am having problems when the board leave the back roller, the machine stop and show the "possible board removal" message. This problem did not occur in older version 1.115. I can add extra piece to the end but I don't want to waste my wood and its just too much hassle.
Some time sawdust or chips fallen and stuck to the back roller causing the roller to raise and drop, the ztruck follow that same movement result in uneven carve.

I think CarveWright should make the ztruck and the back and/or the front roller operated independently when it started to carve.
This mean that ztruck will stay at the same level even when the front or back roller drop below the initial point or when the board leave the back roller.
This will prevent or eliminate uneven carve.

Hanh To

mifflinlake
01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
One easy solution if you don't want to waste the extra wood is to make a sled. I cut a lot of items on 11.25" x 17". I just made a sled to hold this size of wood. You will need to add the width of the sled rails to your virtual board and keep the length at 17". Just tell the CW to center on the length. Make sure your 17" cut out is centered in your sled. Have your sled at least 24" long. Saves a lot of wood this way.

John

www.go3d.us
01-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks, I know about the sled but the other part need to be improved.