PDA

View Full Version : Check Motor Error

mgsundgaard
12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I get a "check motor" message each time I start carving a new piece. After hitting enter the machine runs like there is no problem. The last time I used it I heard a "grinding" noise that lasted for a few seconds about every 2 or 3 minutes. It sounded as though it was coming from the flexshaft. So, I took out the shaft, inspected it for damage and there was none. I cleaned and re-lubed and re-installed the shaft. I still get the check motor message, but I am afraid to run a project to see if the grinding goes away. Anybody else get or has gotten that message and what is the fix?

Mike

HelpBot3000
12-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Call Hardware Support. That needs to be diagnosed over the phone.

mgsundgaard
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I saw an old post regarding this issue. Actually the error message was "check cut motor".

Based on the findings of the other thread I took the motor apart and sure enough, the magnet was dislodged from the shaft. The heat shrink tubing holding it on was ripped right over the magnet pocket.

It was not damaged when I found it. I cleaned out the motor( after 47 hours of use this motor was filthy inside). Then put the magnet in the pocket and put on new heat shrink tubing. Voila! no more message and no more grinding sound. Lots of disassembly, but an easy fix.

Mike

HelpBot3000
12-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Glad to hear it! When that magnet gets exposed its never a good thing. Good to hear you are back and running.

ChrisAlb
12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Ever since I put a new motor in it I get the check motor error at the start of every carve as well. It also runs fine after hitting enter.

My original motor is fine. I switched motors a while back to see if I'd get rid of the "turbo" speed it would go into anywhere from 5 to 25% into a carve. It did that right out of the box. I got rid of the turbo but now get the error on every start.

Go figure...:rolleyes: